+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Golden Girls

The Golden Girls

Any fans of reruns of The Golden Girls? I can't get enough of this show.

FORT Fanatic
    very funny show. watch it all the time on lifetime. i feel bad because estelle getty is not doing well she has alzheiemers. I saw an interview and Bea, Rue, and Betty and they said they weren't all that close, but its hard to believe because they had perfect chemistry on the show. Betty White has the perfect "look" of a grandmother, and I mean that in good way. I think the show could of gone more than 7 years. I think Bea wanted out, but don't know why.

Bea Arthur wanted out because she felt the show was at it's peak, and the time to go out is on top, and she had I believe something on Broadway that she wanted to do. If you remember the spin off "Golden Palace" stunk.. Estelle Getty does not have alzheimers she has Lewy Body Dementia, which you can read about here: http://www.lewybodydementia.org/lbdsymptoms.html or check her website:http://www.estellegetty.com/faq.html
    As for them not being close, I have worked with a number of people for 10 years now and I don't associate with any of them, although we get along fantastic at work..
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-12-2005 at 11:55 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    As for them not being close, I have worked with a number of people for 10 years now and I don't associate with any of them, although we get along fantastic at work..
    I wasn't arguing the point. I just said it was hard to believe, because they seemed so close. That's all

I know, I was just stating that not all people who work together are close. but I do agree with you that the chemistry was excellent. People at work often are surprised that I don't associate with the ones closest to me since we do get along so well.

FORT Fogey
    I was watching that show since I was a very small child. Im 24 now. I dont get lifetime and it might be too hard for me to watch it now. That was my mom's fave show and she passed away last year. That show was probably one of the funniest shows ever to be on tv. Dorothy was my fave character because all she had to do was give a look and she would make you crack up.

+ Reply to Thread