+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Live with Regis and Kelly

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

Re: Live with Regis and Kelly

Tori Spelling and her husband refer to her mother Candy as "Candy Gram". I think that's cute. I don't know much about the family, but it's my understanding that they've patched up their relationship.

FORT Fogey

The 20th Anniversary celebration kicks off tomorrow!

Actually, it started today... <grin>

They had Glen Close, and couple of youngsters I had no relation to, and a nice montage of past shows, starting from the first to after Kelly came on board...

Nice show... (Thank heavens for DVR, cause I completely forgot it would be a new show today...)

If you missed the chat, you can catch it at the official site - if your connection is fast enough... I'm on satellite, and that doesn't seem to cut it for their feeds... GRRR....
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I am enjoying the anniversary clips they are showing. Today's, with Regis' many ailments over the years, was hilarious. He seems to be a bit of a hypocondriac.

Sounds like fun.... I enjoy seeing all the old clips... Though I may not get around to watching until this evening... Did they revisit the splinter removal?

And Regis does like to milk his ailments... How many times have we seen the scar on his leg from the baseball... I'm surprised he hasn't ripped his shirt open to show off his bypass scar...

FORT Fogey

Of course the splinter removal and the Willie Randolph shin injury were shown, lol.

There was also a funny montage of his flu shots.

CandyGram reminds me of an old Saturday night Live skit w/Lorraine Newman and John Belushi and Gilda Radner - Not her, but the sound of her name.

So....

Get your 3D glasses from Walgreens, or find them elsewhere, as I had to do...

The Halloween show will be in 3D......

It's a shame, my nearest Wallgreens is over 75 miles away.... Hah... But I found a pair of them online for less than a trip to town... (including shipping...)

;0))

Interesting bit of stunting and cross promotion coming up...

The week of Oct. 22-26, Jimmy Kimmel will be substituting for Regis AND continue to do his own show live... He will 'commute' daily for the duration, with no cheating by double taping...

Apparently Kelly will join him for one back and forth, since she is listed as a guest on his show Monday night...

;0))

That opens the door for some hilarity ensuing... On both shows... I will definitely have to tape Jimmy that week...

Did anyone catch Monday's trivia question? They asked "What 1996 film did we say featured a Chicago house that is currently up for sale?" The contestant didn't know the answer. Afterwards, they told her it was Ferris Bueller's Day Off. That movie was 1986, not 1996. Even Kelly mentioned that must be wrong after the caller hung up. Anyway, I did a google search and found out they did indeed get it wrong and instead of giving the contestant the trip, they had her back on Tuesday and asked a different question, which she got wrong because she didn't see Monday's show. And it's possible she might not have got the first question right to begin with but she could have made a good guess if the year had been presented correctly. But if she had watched the show in question, she might have been able to point out their error. I guess I would be upset if it were me but that's why you need to watch to be guaranteed to win. . And she did at least get two day's worth of consolation prizes.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 06-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast