+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Live with Regis and Kelly

Re: Live with Regis and Kelly

It's a shame next week is all repeats...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

Is it?? Oh well, that's getting one hour of my day back, lol.

I enjoyed the tribute to Claudia today, too. She was definitely too young to die...

Here's hoping her daughter is able to do ok without her mom.....

Skeeter

FORT Fogey

Host chat has been really funny so far this morning.

I've been gone most of the morning, and haven't watched it yet. It may be tonight before I get a chance...

Any tidbits you'd like to share?

;0))

PK

FORT Fogey

This girl in the audience got up and left in the middle of host chat. That sent Regis off on a funny rant. Then when the girl came back in, they stopped to talk to her and Regis insisted she go back to her seat. The girl looked totally embaressed, lol.

Kelly had a night out for Mexican with a friend so Regis ribbed her about the calories in Margarita's.

Regis had on some rather unique cuff links that were his head.

I think we've seen them before, haven't we? (The cuff links, Not Regis and Kelly... <grin>)

Sounds like fun...

;0))

PK

I found this PR blurb a while ago... I wonder if Claudia Cohen's condition is what prompted Kelly to take on this project?

It will be interesting to see how the QVC tie-in will actually work...

;0))

PK

Kelly Ripa Lends Star Power to Fight Ovarian Cancer
    Tuesday June 19, 12:21 pm ET
    Actress and TV Host to Appear in Public Service Announcements for QVC(R) Presents Super Saturday Live

WEST CHESTER, Pa., June 19 /PRNewswire/ -- Kelly Ripa is using her talent to support the fight against ovarian cancer as the star of the new public service announcements to promote the inaugural QVC Presents Super Saturday Live to benefit The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF).

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ripa is scheduled to appear in both the print and television public service announcements promoting QVC Presents Super Saturday Live on QVC July 28, 2007 from 1 PM - 3 PM (ET), with all net proceeds going to OCRF.

The exclusive sale, previously only available to Hamptons' tastemakers and celebrities, will now reach QVC's 90 million U.S. homes, allowing shoppers throughout the country to get designer styles at a fraction of the suggested retail price while supporting OCRF.

Ripa has been a three-year host and longtime supporter of Super Saturday, the annual fundraiser in Water Mill, New York, featuring a designer sale and activities for the entire family, all benefiting OCRF. Now in its 10th year, Super Saturday will be broadcast live for the first time on leading multimedia retailer QVC.

"I am thrilled to be co-hosting for the third year in a row," said Ripa. "What better way to spend a day than shopping and contributing to a wonderful cause!"

"In the midst of her demanding work schedule and an obvious devotion to her family, Kelly's continued commitment to charity is inspiring to women everywhere, and we are ecstatic to partner with her and OCRF on this important initiative," said Bob Ayd, chief merchandising officer for QVC. "With her support, we look forward to bringing even more attention to this event and its important objective."

"OCRF is thrilled to work with QVC for the first time to celebrate Super Saturday's 10th anniversary and we are indebted to Kelly for her devotion to our cause," said Faith Kates Kogan, president of OCRF. "Through Kelly's and QVC's support, OCRF will continue its mission to raise much-needed funds for research and raise awareness of this deadly disease."

Kelly Ripa Lends Star Power to Fight Ovarian Cancer: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

FORT Fogey

That is great that QVC has gotten involved with this. It always sounds like a fun event when Kelly talks about it each year.

I believe I read that Claudia had been battling ovarian cancer for six years before she passed away, so it is possible that is what prompted Kelly to become involved with this fundraiser.

It is wonderful that Kelly is lending her time to such an important cause.

FORT Fogey

Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin were on this morning. It is hard to pay attention to what she is saying because her lips are so distacting.

They also announced that frequent guest host, Jeff Gordon, and his wife had a little girl yesterday. Congrats to Jeff!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast