+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Live with Regis and Kelly

Bandy!

Regis used to annoy me for some reason, but I recently stopped working and have been watching the show. I've warmed up to him, and think he and Kelly jive well together -- it's particularly fun when she says something that genuinely tickles him. His concern about his upcoming surgery is understandable and makes me really feel for the guy. It sounds like it will improve his quality of life, and I hope he does well and returns better than ever.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I was home with a sick kid today and Anderson Cooper was on. I like when he co-hosts, he's always so serious, it's good to see him more relaxed on Live.

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons;1650606;
    I've thought that Regis and Larry King are 2 of the most overrated people on tv. If Regis got names and titles and other things wrong only occasionally it would be funny but it happens so often with him that it really kind of annoys me. Thanks
    No one is as overrated as Larry King, not even Regis
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

ETonline.com: Regis' Heart Surgery a Success

Talk show host REGIS PHILBIN underwent successful heart bypass surgery on Wednesday, according to his co-host KELLY RIPA.

Kelly shared the good news on Thursday's "Live with Regis and Kelly," saying that the 75-year-old talk show vet came through his triple bypass heart surgery with flying colors.

"I'm so thrilled that [he's] feeling better, and 'Nursie-poo' is coming with her sponge," Kelly joked on the air.

"Nobody wants to go the hospital," Regis told ET earlier this week. "I'm looking forward to getting this done and getting on with my life."

"I hate to lay my personal problems on my audience if I have to, and I did," he added.

On Monday, Regis announced on his show that he would be having heart bypass surgery this week, explaining that he had been experiencing chest pains and other worrisome symptoms, and after taking several tests, his doctors recommended that he have the procedure done.

"Well listen, I gotta tell you something," he reluctantly told co-host Kelly earlier this week. "I've been feeling chest pains, shortness of breath and all those little symptoms that you hear about. I had a second opinion and they're all in agreement that it should be the bypass. And so that's what I'm going to do. So, you know, I'm going to do it this week, and come back when I'm ready."

He added, "Even walking home there'd be a shortness of breath, and I frankly knew something was wrong." He said he was hoping to get away with an angioplasty, but, "there's some plaque in some arteries and I've got to get it cleaned out."

Kelly, in hopes of lifting Regis' spirits a bit, playfully volunteered to be his sponge bath nurse and reassured him that the surgery would greatly improve his quality of life, saying that many of her family members have had the operation.

Former "Live" co-star KATHIE LEE GIFFORD, who was Regis' "Live" co-host for 15 years, said, "It's serious; it didn't shock me, but it saddened me. He's gonna be fine -- [it's] probably gonna give him 15-20 more years."

This is not the first time that Regis has had a heart scare. The star had an angioplasty procedure 14 years ago, and in 2000 he had an artery cleared.

Regis is expected to be off the show for at least five weeks, and a variety of co-hosts will fill in while he's gone, including ANDERSON COOPER, DAMIEN FAHEY, HOWIE MANDEL, NEIL PATRICK HARRIS (Yeah!), PAT SAJAK, JEFF PROBST, MARTIN SHORT and DONALD TRUMP (Boo!).

Thanks for posting Archie. I'm glad it's behind him, and now he can look forward to healing and having a better life ahead of him. My dad died at 44 of a heart attack, and I marvel at what can be done nowadays. NPH will be fun to see co-hosting with Kelly, as well as Howie. I don't like Howie's game show, but I love him and have enjoyed his previous co-hosting stints.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I wish a good recovery for Regis Philbin. I like He and Kelly together on this show. I think each compliments one another's personalities very well. I'm glad all the worrying Regis did about the surgery is now behind him.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Goodness I will have to make sure I miss the day Trump is co-hosting! He is such an arrogant jerk!

FORT Fogey

Re: Live with Regis and Kelly

I just thought that I would bump this up in case there is anyone else here who enjoys watching Live.

I thought the tribute to Claudia Cohen was very nicely done today.

Wow...

How time flies...

Three months already, since Regis had his surgery.

Thanks for finding and bumping this thread, Laney...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I was glad to find it. I was starting to wonder if there was a LIVE thread here.

Regis seems to have recovered well from his surgery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast