+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Live with Regis and Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Kelly is a little self-absorbed - now more than she used to be. She tends to turn the conversation toward herself.

The one thing that I've noticed is that Regis is just beyond his worth now. He doesn't know half of the celebrities on the show, he doesn't know the music of the bands that come on. The other day he mispronouned Charlize Theron's name and although her name isn't Mary Smith, you'd think by now he would now how to say it! She actually looked a bit annoyed and cracked a joke that he called her Char-lies.

I just think at this point, Regis is really out of touch with pop culture and it's beginning to show. For anyone in the NY area, I feel the same way about Scott Shannon on WPLJ - my husband and I were discussing how out of touch he is and then I realized the same thing seems to be happening with Regis.
    I agree about Regis - he has been mispronouncing names for years - even Kathie Lee would rib him about it.

It's time for some new blood. He can hold his own about sports but as for people he only remembers the golden years with Johnny Carson, Jack Paar, Dean Martin, etc. and really has no clue about today's hot names.

I like Regis, I just think it's time for him to be put out to pasture.

FORT Fan
    I've thought that Regis and Larry King are 2 of the most overrated people on tv. If Regis got names and titles and other things wrong only occasionally it would be funny but it happens so often with him that it really kind of annoys me. Thanks

I used to watch all the time. Now I just tune in if they're having someone I want to see. Kelly has just gone beyond annoying for me!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I personally really like Kelly Ripa. She looks like a fun perosn and always seems to be enjoying herself.

I like Regis too but agree it's time to change blood as he is clueless to "what's in" etc....

I don't have time to tune into the show because of my children, but when I get a chance, I like the opening segment when they talk the best, Kelly is great.

FORT Fanatic
    I liked the guest host Sam Champion today. I am not a regular viewer of the show, but he has a great personality and seems very relaxed. I don't care for regis too much in general.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jman79 View Post
    I liked the guest host Sam Champion today. I am not a regular viewer of the show, but he has a great personality and seems very relaxed. I don't care for regis too much in general.
    We're big Sam Champion fans in my house! We live in NY and watch ABC for our news and he's the weatherman. He's very personable and he's been at ABC forever!! LOVE HIM! He mentioned poor Lee Goldberg was sick so he did the 11:00 last night - trust me when I tell you Lee looked green on the early news!!!

Regis is beyond pop culture now - he just doesn't get it. Sam (or even Jeff Probst) would be a great fill in for Regis!

FORT Fanatic
    I was just so surprised how relaxed he was. It seemed like he did "live" everyday. I looked on the imdb and he has been doing the weather there for close to 18 years. If I am wrong, you can correct me.

I also like his evil sorta laugh.

I'm not really a Regis fan but I hope he comes through okay.

Regis Philbin to have bypass surgery this week - Celebrity News - MSNBC.com

NEW YORK - Regis Philbin announced Monday on “Live With Regis and Kelly” that he is scheduled to have bypass surgery this week.

He says, “I’ve been feeling chest pains, shortness of breath and all those little symptoms that you hear about.” And he says after a number of tests, doctors recommended the bypass. But, Philbin says he’s definitely not happy about it, saying, “Darn it, I don’t want to do it.”

Philbin says he was hoping to get away with an angioplasty, but he says “there’s some plaque in some arteries and I’ve got to get it cleaned out.”

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I happened to watch this morning and you can see how worried he is and how much Kelly really cares for him. I hope everything goes well for him.

FORT Fanatic
    I like them both very much. They are a good mix and I really appreciate that they just entertain in a light hearted way without mixing in their own heavy handed political or religious views. Sometimes you might get a wiff of an opinion but they are pretty light and stay to being the entertainment they are instead of using their celebrity to spout off like some other shows.

I do like when Jeff Probst has hosted, and Sam Champion is fun too. I think the mix of Regis being older and Kelly younger is sometimes funny and refreshing. It reminds me of talks with my dad and some of the funny stuff that happens.

I hope Regis sails though it and comes back strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast