+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CSI - Miami

Re: CSI - Miami

It is indeed. The whole season finale episode was beyond ludicrous. I honestly don't even care what happens to them; nor who lives or dies.

Eddie Cibrian is out! CBS opted out of renewing his contract for 2010-2011 season. He will be appear in some episodes and then be written out. They want to focus on core team after ratings drop this season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Jeesh... he was one of the better actors (as well as nice eye candy). I don't think he was the problem!

He was good ... it was the CORE TEAM that was the problem, from the TOP DOWN. This reeks, they have No Clue what viewers are saying.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Last night we watched a rerun of the episode where the doctor on death row for killing his family tried to get his conviction dropped---all about whether the elderly lady next door could have seen the doc stab the wife through her kitchen window or not (she could, but only because hurricane force winds were blowing the trees aside). Eddie C. was not only doing the forensics on the appeal, he was also the cop who forged the first report from the lady, changing her first statement that it was the kitchen to the living room, because that had a view of the killing room that was unobstructed...on advice of a higher up (the DA?). Talk about your conflict of interest! I'm willing to suspend disbelief in that the CSIs are interviewing suspects and running around with guns, but there are limits!
    Who knows if these actors could do a better job with better writing...
    Why is this CSI so much worse than the NYC or Las Vegas ones? Is there no quality control out there?

Fort Member

Over the Holloween weekend here one station is doing 48 hrs of CSI mixing in all 3. Some of the episodes they are showing of Miaimi (which normally I only catch an episode if there is absolutely nothing else on and within five minutes I am yelling at Horatio to walk into the swamp and get eaten by an alligator) are from series 1. The difference is amazing, in series 1 Horatio actually spoke in sentences and not just, like as someone here once said, that his lines were written by the same people who write fortune cookies, he did lab work and didnt just show up to interrogate people and face the wall and never look directly at them ask one question and leave, the cases were all different and not just involving the Miami mafia or someone they knew and they didnt all involve a child Horatio could give his two second wisdom to at the end of the episode, it was almost watchable. And to top it off in the episode I just saw Horatio actually told someone he was a CSI not a criminalist as he now refers to himself.
    It was never very good but watching the old episodes you can actually gage how stupid it has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda;4094170;
    Over the Holloween weekend here one station is doing 48 hrs of CSI mixing in all 3. Some of the episodes they are showing of Miaimi (which normally I only catch an episode if there is absolutely nothing else on and within five minutes I am yelling at Horatio to walk into the swamp and get eaten by an alligator) are from series 1. The difference is amazing, in series 1 Horatio actually spoke in sentences and not just, like as someone here once said, that his lines were written by the same people who write fortune cookies, he did lab work and didnt just show up to interrogate people and face the wall and never look directly at them ask one question and leave, the cases were all different and not just involving the Miami mafia or someone they knew and they didnt all involve a child Horatio could give his two second wisdom to at the end of the episode, it was almost watchable. And to top it off in the episode I just saw Horatio actually told someone he was a CSI not a criminalist as he now refers to himself.
    It was never very good but watching the old episodes you can actually gage how stupid it has become.
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3711810;
    Horatio irritates me so much (I attribute the show's slo mo acting style to him and the others just have to go along) I rarely watch this, but was lured into it by the origins of the sunglasses previews, and just now got to the tapes. I have to say it was one of the better episodes. "Horatio" actually seemed to speak at a normal pace (except when he was "teaching" Eric), looked better (vaseline on the lens for younger skin? Or just that you could actually see his eyes most of the time?), and generally "acted" like a normal human being, not a robot. The other actors also sped up their delivery... it was great. Calleigh was way too perky for my taste...yes, she's supposed to be younger, but not in junior high! But otherwise one of the more enjoyable episodes.
    Query... do FBI agents really address each other as Agent X? Could you run a PCR on this, Agent Boa Vista? Very weird.
    Also nice to see how much the science has evolved in the last 10 or 12 years.
    Lucynda--see above that I wrote a while ago....and what's weird about that was that I think it was only supposed to be set 10 or 12 years ago...it wasn't actually filmed then... and yet it showed the same things that you commented on as being different in an early episode. Horatio speaking normally, etc. Frankly I'd begun to wonder if David C. had developed a neurological disorder they were hiding/shooting around, his speech pattern had become so weird...but no, apparently he CAN speak normally if it is called for. So apparently they are actually telling him to do all the strange stuff!

Fort Member

Wow, like you, I too really thought he had lost the plot and they were going along with it, I am amazed that they are doing it on purpose.
    Shouldnt be I guess, as it is still rating extremely well in Australia for some reason I can not fathom, it out rates the original CSI

Between Horatio's overacting, Caleigh's overfilled lips, the women's posing, and the horrible writing (csi's do not have to explain what their instrument does or the method they are using to each other ... ugh.) I don't miss this series.

+ Reply to Thread