+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Whisperer

Ghost Whisperer

Is this coming across to anyone else here as irritating as its striking me even before airing a single episode?

I might be inclined to write the irritation off to the incessant promotion if the other new Friday entry (the alien invasion thingy) wasn't coming across as something interesting.

I saw Ghost, more than once, even, and it was ok even though Patrick Swayze didn't rock my visual world.

I've seen (saw, if it no longer airs) Crossing Over, with spiritual ghostie manipulation of audience and sadly hopeful participants. That was ok to watch several times, but once you've seen it several times, you've seen it. As with shows like Jerry Springer, after a brief exposure you're in effect watching the same episode each time you're too lazy to switch the channel.

I'm anticipating the same feeling for ghost lovin Jennifer Love Hewitt's new show. "I've got a gift".

Get a crypt!

5 episodes or less unless shes got a network sugar daddy/mama in high places.

I'm unhappy that this show is replacing Joan of Arcadia, a show I liked a lot, and thought was a very good family show.

You and me both, Coke.

I had attitude against this show just because it was replacing Joan of Arcadia, but that would've worn off if it looked like a promising show. It doesn't, not even a little bit.

Watch it run for 9 years now. I'll be there for its opener with popcorn for ballistic assaults when it gets too over the top. Maybe I'll become a convert, but thats hard to envision. The 'I'm gifted' and all of those stuck being universally loving and loved tone will have me headed for the hills in short order unless they moderate it substantially.

Show me some nasty cusses that deserved to go. Provide a little balance; show a few spiritual losers that the living will just want to speak to to get in one last well deserved verbal jab.

This is one of two shows CBS has airing in the autumn inspired by James Van Praagh, the other being Living With the Dead.
    I'm not really very excited by the prospect of either.
    I'm not a big Jennifer Love Hewitt fan, or much of a Ted Danson fan who is the star of the other (which is a mini series).
    Of all the new autumn shows I've read about Ghost Whisperer is probably the one I'm least likely to watch simply because of the leading lady.

boy, do i feel all alone...i'm actually looking forward to this one.

*ducks and runs for cover*
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

I had to laugh when I read the first line of your post, leftcoaster - I feel exactly the same way. Jennifer Love-Hewitt is one of those actresses that have one expression (to me) and she's working hard at it in all the previews.

I really miss Joan of Arcadia. They gave up way too soon on it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    This show is based on the life of a Cleveland Lady who goes by the name Maryann, Ghost Finder or Hunter or some such thing, I don't recall right now. She was interviewed recently by People I think it was and found it funny Jennifer Love was playing her. Maryanne is an older heavyset woman.. Jennifer is ummm.. not. However she said this is one of the only differences and the show is a close, fair, and decent repersentation of her and her work/life. I wanted to watch this because it is based on her and her work... but have a very hard time watching anything JLH is in.

When does it start and what station? I haven't heard of it yet. But I love all ghost shows so I'll be checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    When does it start and what station? I haven't heard of it yet. But I love all ghost shows so I'll be checking it out.
    fridays at 8 est on cbs

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/ghost_whisperer/
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar

Ghost Whisperer

Friday night CBS 8:00 pm
    I don't know about you guys but I didn't think I was going to like the show but I did. I was flipping around trying to figure out what to watch and I got sucked in and really enjoyed myself. My hubby watched it too and loved it. There were some parts that were cheesy of course but .... overall I give it a star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast