+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

My Name is Earl

This is the best new show I've seen this season, but I didn't see a message thread started about it. It's like Raising Arizona as episodic televison. Great actors, and a soundtrack instead of a laughtrack because they don't have to force you to think something is funny. It just is. The single camera technique along with all this makes it look more like a movie.

I kept imagining Nicholas Cage of 15 years ago in the lead role, but I love Jason Lee too.

Like Arrested Development, there is narration, cutting to scenes that the narrator just mentioned, and lots of sight gags and other quick jokes, so you have to watch it and not just listen with half an ear while you're reading the paper like you might do with a lesser sitcom.

I missed this and I so wanted to watch it. Does anyone know if it will repeat?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Not over yet.....
    i dont know if they will repeat the premiere. [FA Edit]

this show was LOL funny. what a pleasant surprise.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 09-23-2005 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Refers to illegal downloading

Nicholas Cage? I hadn't thought of that...he would be great in the lead. Jason Lee is great, though. I loved the show. It was hilarious.

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    I totally missed it! I don't even remember what I was watching instead. What night does it come on?

it runs on tuesdays at 9 i think

I could not stop laughing at this show. I was freaking out about if I can watch it with House, Supernatuarl, and starting next week Commander in Chief, and Amazing Race all in the same time slot, but after watching this fist eposide, I'm forgetting about Amazing race and having a friend tape Supernatural for me (only two tvs)

GREAT SHOW

I finally was able to watch my tape of it last night and loved it! I'm a fan of Jason Lee but I always worry about how movie actors I like will fare on TV.

There was so much funny stuff and I actually liked the narration. The line about how Randy agreed to go to the gay bar when he found out there would be bubbles ...

Hopefully, this show won't be too quirky for TV because I think it's hilarious! I'll definitely be taping this one (it's on opposite something else I watch because all the good shows are on Tuesday night!)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'll have to record it too, Critical. I think I missed it this week because, you're right, there's a lot of other good stuff on Tuesdays, this show completely slipped my mind!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I had Tivo'ed this, and just now watched it. It was hilarious. I've always been a huge Jason Lee fan, and he's just perfect as Earl.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast