+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

FORT Fogey
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    Still laughing over his recollection of bad Xmas gifts for his (ex-)wife. When she opened the string of condoms and asked him "how are these for ME?" and he simply replied "they're FLAVORED! Merry Xmas!"
    That was HYSTERICAL!! I've got so many favorite lines from this show ('ow, my rug burn!' when Joy is on her knees, 'but that is where I'm going to bedazzle my initials', etc) but this is hands down the top favorite (so far!)
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    I loved how Brett Butler ended almost every sentence with "Don't you judge me!" Her delivery of that line was priceless- there is no way I can convey in type just how hilarious it was- I cracked up every time she said it.(and she said it about 8 times!)
    I was so happy to see Brett Butler back on TV I loved her on "Grace Under Fire", and I still try to catch it on Oxygen when I can. I also like her stand-up.

But, wow... She fit RIGHT in on "Earl"...LOL! Brett and the man who played Joy's daddy (...character actor...can't remember his name...) were a riot, during that last ep. I hope that they come back again.

What can I say? I LOVE this show! Plus, it manages to be so charming, at the same time. NBC finally lucked up again, and got a show that is REALLY funny, well-done, and a breakout hit. I hope they don't screw it up. Now, once that network brings back "Scrubs", then they will be on the fast track to redemption, in my eyes

Cat

This show is absolutely HILARIOUS. The whole cast is funny and so far all the guest stars have blended well with them too.

The flavored condoms and used batteries
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Jamie, how I missed the "rug burn" line is beyond me- I couldn't get past her telling Daddy that Crabman was his son!! And he said "You're Thelma's boy?" Hee Hee!
    Go Tigers!

My favorite part of last week's show was when they were doing flashbacks to the bad Christmas presents Earl had given Joy, and he gave her condoms. She said "how are these for me?" and he said "They're flavored!"

This show is the absolute funniest one on television right now. Jamie Pressly is hilarious, and I hope that she wins an Emmy for her performance.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Jamie, how I missed the "rug burn" line is beyond me-
    I can see how, we have TiVo and it went something like this: She says it, hubby and I look at each other and say "did she just say..." "no, it was something else..." "or was it just a scream or a fake cuss? "rewind it" and there it was. And then it was rewound about ten more times while we sat there with tears rolling down our faces.

This is the one show I have TiVo taping first runs AND repeats so I can see them all again.
    Wag more, bark less

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Yay, Golden Globes recognition!

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar

Earl Rocks!

Seems like when we discover some strange little comedy and think it's funny it's gone in no time (unlike all the painfully UNfunny stuff that seems to hang around for years) so hubby and I are SO SO SO SO glad that this show has somehow managed to become a hit! It's the funniest thing on TV in YEARS - we love it! Jaime Pressley is the absolute BEST. And as far as favorite lines go....."wakee wakee, hands off snakee". I'm STILL laughing about that one.
    Cake or Death?

So when is Earl moving to Thursday night?

+ Reply to Thread