+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

Premium Member
    I really liked Catalina, I thought she was very funny when she was giving them advice.

I finally caught my first episode last night. It was really well done. This is the first sitcom I have been able to sit through in the past 5 or 6 years.

Now I need to find the older episodes.

This probably won't help you Toxic, but for viewers in Ontario, Channel 11 Hamilton (CH) is re-airing episodes 1 & 2 tonight at 9:00 and 9:30.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I just watched last night's episode and it was HILARIOUS yet again. I loved Giovanni Ribisi in that wedding dress, and in his undies and cowboy boots, he was perfectly cast.

Again, Joy had some of my favorite lines...
    "I don't care if she's Chinese, Vietnamese or Chuck E. Cheese, she don't need to be learning no English!"

"Is his sister getting married? Is she? Because if she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid I'll march right down to that Club Chubby and wrap her neck around a pole."

I also loved Randy's "karma's army" line, and everything Earl did. Jason Lee is wonderful.

It's been YEARS since I've really enjoyed a sitcom as much as this one. Oh, and I saw Jason Lee on Ellen this past week, he looked like he walked off the "Earl" set. I guess there's not another way you CAN look with that hair and crazy mustache.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I forgot to add....I read that Beau Bridges will soon be guest starring as Earl and Randy's father.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7

"I don't care if she's Chinese, Vietnamese or Chuck E. Cheese, she don't need to be learning no English!"

"Is his sister getting married? Is she? Because if she didn't ask me to be a bridesmaid I'll march right down to that Club Chubby and wrap her neck around a pole."
    God, I actually caught the show last night and these two lines madme laugh out loud. Whoever the writer is, give him a raise. I haven't watch an American sitcom in years (used to watch the english version of The Office), but I'm hooked on Earl.
    "To be is to do"--Socrates.
    "To do is to be"--Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do"--Frank Sinatra

I'm the queen of misspelling

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    His ex and his brother get some of the best lines...more than he does really. A great show. I'm starting to tape it regularly now...better than watching it really as there are often so many good lines, esp from Joy, that are one on top of each other that you need the replay to catch it all. And I like how they provide a certain logic for Earl's karma to actually work out and the good endings come from his good deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I had to rewind this moment to make sure I heard her call it "Club Chubby". I swear...Joy gets the best lines... and I will be sadly disappointed if this actress does not get an Emmy for this show.... she is just so brilliant, at being evil.

And someone mention Jason Lee's appearance on Ellen... As a fan of the Kevin Smith films and knew who Jason was before this show... Jason Lee tends to look rough & unkept. He is one of those actors who dress like a hobo and never shaves. As in he is so hairy that his beard grows down his neck onto his chest. He actually looks "clean up'd" since he got this show. Which is frighten and funny at the same time.

That was me that commented on Jason's appearance on Ellen, and I'm a long-time Kevin Smith fan, and have seen Jason in many different things. (my favorite look for him being in "Almost Famous"...I just love that rocker look ) Granted, you're right in that he has a tendency to look scruffy, I just meant that he looked *not to offend any rednecks* very very "Earl." Oh okay, I'll say it, very very redneck. While I think he's looked unkempt a lot, I never considered him "red-necky" looking until this show.

And I'm sorry, I am rambling.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I actually like the droopy mustache and long hair look...you can tell when I was young... and when I was young the rednecks had Marine haircuts and no facial hair!

+ Reply to Thread