+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

I've been a HUGE Jason Lee and Ethan Suplee fan since Mallrats so I really hoped this show would be good. Well, no worries there, it's fabulous. Not only did it exceed my expectations I was so thrilled to see how great Ethan's looking I actually shed a tear of happiness when I saw him. Every time I'd see him in a movie in the past several years he just kept getting bigger and bigger and I'd worry that he wouldn't be around for much longer. Boy has he slimmed down and is looking healthy. Jason and Ethan are just about the two most adorable guys on tv - ever. The rest of the regular cast is great as are the guests. Superb writing. LOVE the no laugh track. Who invented the laugh track anyway? They should be slapped. Now if they would bring back Scrubs and show it back to back with Earl that would be a perfect night of non-reality tv.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Crap, I missed the pilot again!!!

( Is it too much to ask that NBC run it one more time? )
    Yes, Snowy, I'm afraid it's entirely too much to ask NBC to run it again for you!!!

I, on the other hand, am a pushover, and I plan to start taping this show every Tuesday from now until it's off the air, which I hope is never.

When they rerun the pilot (and I'm sure they will) I'll pass the tape along to you. It was very cute!!!

FORT Fogey
    Allright, it's Tuesday night, almost time for me to say, "Lights out!" to The Pomeranians, but before I do I had to stop in here and let you all know that tonight's episode of My Name is Earl was a freakin' riot!!!

My only regret is that I was too busy baking a cake to set up my VCR in time to tape this episode -- it was so dam*ed funny that I'd have turned around and watched it again if I'd had it on tape.

I'm about to set my VCR to tape this time slot for eternity, just so I'm sure I don't miss getting the rest of the episodes on tape.

This show rocks!!!

I just finished watching tonight's episode. I love this show! I guess my only complaint about this episode was that Joy wasn't in it, but it was still SO funny! My favorite line was when Earl said "I made your bust...and upped you a cup!" Also, Randy with the candy "are these candies FREE?" Earl being a "bad boyfriend" was great, all-around. And I LOVED when he was in bed with Natalie, but kept his white socks on!

I've always adored Jason Lee, and now I adore him even more.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Damn them for putting this opposite TAR! i keep hearing rave reviews, but haven't managed to see it yet.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, buy yourself a TIVO, pronto! This show is seriously funny.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I've finally decided to tune in - even if it is halfway through the episode. Dh has been waiting for this show since the previews on his beloved Average Joe ( - his favorite, not mine!), but is such a morning person that he's snoring in the other room.

I can't wait to see what the hoopla is all about.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    I just finished watching tonight's episode. I love this show! I guess my only complaint about this episode was that Joy wasn't in it, but it was still SO funny! My favorite line was when Earl said "I made your bust...and upped you a cup!"
    Oh my goodness! I just saw that, and am still wiping awat the tears. This is soooo funny.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

LOVED tonight's episode! I think this has to be one of my favorite new series to roll out this season. My big laugh of the night came when Earl opens the door on sleazy boyfriend Dirk and a female companion, and Dirk says so amiably, "Oh hi Earl! Does your hooker work at this motel too?"
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    "Oh hi Earl! Does your hooker work at this motel too?"
    I know...I ran it back a couple times to recapture the moment.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread