+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

I just watched my 3 DVR'd episodes of this show and I LOVE IT. It's definitely my favorite new comedy. The most recent episode was hysterical. Joy "busting open her rug burn" --- hysterically funny. Can't wait to see how this show progresses.

I love this show too. Both episodes had me laughing out loud...between that Bible with the huge print and Joy(?) and Crabman taking those railings for metal recycling - oh boy my poor neighbors having to hear the scream and cackle of my laughter. It is my favorite comedy this season, hands down.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey
    This is my favorite comedy on TV right now!

The only thing I don't like about it is that it runs opposite The Amazing Race, which is my other favorite show!! I don't have Tivo and I sure wish NBC would try this show out in some other timeslots!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this is great show with great characters.

FORT Fogey
    It's Saturday night, October 8th, and NBC is running the first three shows. I'm watching the pilot right now and I love it!!! I plan on watching all three tonight while I catch up on some housework.

Prior to tonight I had seen only this past week's episode (the one where the car gets towed) and I really liked it, and I was so hoping that they'd repeat the previous ones. I'm glad that they're running the first episodes so soon, so that we can get caught up on it.

This show's a hoot and the music's awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    It's Saturday night, October 8th, and NBC is running the first three shows. I'm watching the pilot right now and I love it!!!

This show's a hoot and the music's awesome!!!
    I, too, saw this show in the rebroadcasts that NBC ran last night (Saturday...the first 3 episodes). And, now, I can officially say that I have fallen in love with "My Name is Earl" ... It is, indeed, a hoot and, as I see it, a great "feel-good" show, to boot . I plan to make room for "...Earl" in my (already) busy "must-see" Tuesday night TV-watching schedule.

Cat
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 10-09-2005 at 09:19 AM.

FORT Fogey
    I missed the 3 episode reruns last night. (Thanksgiving dinner) I'm not sure if I want to get into the show....

I caught the first 3 episodes last night. I will be watching this as Amazing Race gets recorded!

This show is hilarious. It's on par with Arrested Development.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    I missed the 3 episode reruns last night. (Thanksgiving dinner) I'm not sure if I want to get into the show....

Give it a shot DoeBoy, it's a great show (and like Holly71 said, very similar to Arrested Development). Each of the episodes are pretty much "stand alone" ones, so you can watch the next one and not feel as though you're not getting it all.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    This is my favorite comedy on TV right now!

The only thing I don't like about it is that it runs opposite The Amazing Race, which is my other favorite show!! I don't have Tivo and I sure wish NBC would try this show out in some other timeslots!!!!!!!!
    I don't think being up against the Amazing Race is goint to hurt this show. Especiallly with TAR being the family season. I don't know, but IMO people who have a warped sense of humor (I am including myself here) don't want to see a bunch of kids run around the world. I think this show's biggest competition is coming from HOUSE, which ranked in the top five last year. And even without AI's lead-in this season, it's premiere episode was still in the top ten.

I think NBC is just happy to finally have a hit comedy, their first since SCRUBS, and even that show wasn't considered a hit until two seasons ago. I mentioned upthread that they renewed it for the whole season. YEAH!!!
    If you love someone, let them go. If they come back, they are yours. If they don't, hunt them down and kill them.

Crap, I missed the pilot again!!!

( Is it too much to ask that NBC run it one more time? )
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread