+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My Name is Earl

They seem to be showing a rerun at 8:30 and a new episode at 9:00. I heard that Walt from "Lost" (Malcolm David Kelley) will be on this week's episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    They seem to be showing a rerun at 8:30 and a new episode at 9:00. I heard that Walt from "Lost" (Malcolm David Kelley) will be on this week's episode.
    Yup, it was Walt...took me a few minutes to get past my "Walt! You're alive!" response....

I just love this show. I actually laugh out loud when it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yup, it was Walt...took me a few minutes to get past my "Walt! You're alive!" response....

And did you notice how big he's getting and his voice? I told my mom they are sure to kill him off now, how do you explain puberty in 30 days?
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post
    And did you notice how big he's getting and his voice? I told my mom they are sure to kill him off now, how do you explain puberty in 30 days?
    Maybe that's why on LOST he is always sort of "hanging" there doing his ghostly thing... so you can't see how tall he is compared to the other actors. Hmmm guess this should be in the LOST thread!

I don't know what triggered it but this show is no longer "must see tv" for me. I like it but the shine has wore off I guess. How long can the money really last and how long is that list (plus he keeps adding to it) and how long does he plan to share a small hotel room / bed with his brother? I know that's supposed to be the appeal of the show but now I just find it ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I don't know what triggered it but this show is no longer "must see tv" for me. I like it but the shine has wore off I guess. How long can the money really last and how long is that list (plus he keeps adding to it) and how long does he plan to share a small hotel room / bed with his brother? I know that's supposed to be the appeal of the show but now I just find it ho-hum.
    That is the appeal of this show.
    So implausible it is funny.
    But, I too, was wondering about the money. It was only 50K wasn't it?
    I am guessing they have Earl and Randy sharing a bed/room like they would have done growing up. I don't know and I try not to think about it. I laugh at the "stupid" stuff that happens to them every week.

Randy regarding the tear gas this past week "this is so pretty but it's making me sad." I just found that funny-I don't know why.

That is the appeal of this show.
    So implausible it is funny.
    But, I too, was wondering about the money. It was only 50K wasn't it?
    I am guessing they have Earl and Randy sharing a bed/room like they would have done growing up. I don't know and I try not to think about it. I laugh at the "stupid" stuff that happens to them every week. ...
    I agree with you, redjdv, about the appeal of this show. It's just "laugh out loud" funny, maybe because of the way that the characters are drawn. The writing is great on this show, and I think that helps. Plus, I like the idea of Earl, a former small-time, no-account crook, seeking redemption by atoning for past misdeeds. That may be hokey or corny to some, but, in this time of cynicism, negativity, rude/crude behavior and such (especially as "life" is often portrayed on TV), I find it refreshing.

BTW, as I recall, Earl won $100K when he hit the lottery. Maybe, he and Randy share that cheap motel room/bed 'cause of their close relationship (Earl always looking out for Randy), and, also, to save money on expenses, seeing as how that list gets longer and longer. I don't know, and it's not a big deal to me. I try not to overanalyze "...Earl"; I prefer to just enjoy it ... The only thing I want to see is another season for the show, so that Earl can continue to accomplish the additions to his list.

Cat
    Last edited by catwoman1955; 04-03-2006 at 02:30 AM.

Did anyone else watch the premiere of "Earl" last night? I thought it sucked! Usually this show has a redeeming end, but last night's just didn't go anywhere.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Yeah, the season opener was kind of weak. It didn't have Catalina in it at all, I didn't get one moment of hilarity from Randy (which I usually do), and the list item ("Taking Joy's side") was really not that inspired. However, I am continually impressed how much Jamie Pressly is willing to commit to her character and look like a fool. Joy just doesn't need to be the center of the episode.

+ Reply to Thread