+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I just started watching this show on repeats on other Networks. I could care less about JJ being gone as her role was not important to me, but Prentiss was good for the show. I have not seen why she is gone, did she die or leave? Was the actress fired or did she leave on her own?
    You will find as you watch more of the shows that JJ grows on you. She is a quiet anchor to all that goes on around her. She keeps everyone grounded. It is easy to over look her at first but stability that she brings will grow on you.

Prentiss is gone because she supposedly died on the show. The actress decided to leave the show because of the cut backs. Her role was substantially cut back at the same time that JJ was fired. Both mistakes in my book. I don't know why the producers insist on "fixing something that isn't broken." When they have such great team chemistry they should leave it alone.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

I got the impression that the 3 people were actually haunting the unsub from when he was a child. He set the fire to get rid of them, in his mind killing them but they have always been in his head. Disease or haunting? It left me wondering.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I got the impression that the 3 people were actually haunting the unsub from when he was a child. He set the fire to get rid of them, in his mind killing them but they have always been in his head. Disease or haunting? It left me wondering.
    I wasn't sure of that either. When they were doing his background Garcia did mention that three people were actually killed in a real fire. I had wondered if it was those three? Or if he was trying to kill the three in his head and accidently killed other people?

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    So, an interesting post Prentiss show. A couple of things caught my attention. Aaron said they were looking for an experienced profiler to join the team. An opening for someone new to join the show? Has anyone heard any rumors about this? At the end of the show Reid was sleeping peacefully...hope that is a sign that his headaches are going to go away; that they were just caused by stress from him worrying about becoming psychophrenic (spelling) I felt so sorry for the boy last night...even after his electro shock therapy his voices were back. Psychophrenia is such a terrible disease...a friend of my mother-in-law had a son that was psychophrenic and it was terrible...she finally had to sell her house and move herself into a nursing home where you could not share your room with anyone just to get away him and get some peace in her life. He would never stay on his meds and even when on them he was difficult to live with.

The spin off Criminal Minds was really disturbing. I like this show but am starting to find it way to disturbing to watch so late at night. It is like a mind worm that keeps you awake after viewing. The lead actor in that one (his name escapes me at the moment) certainly deserves an acting award. The intensity he brings to the program is outstanding. I did not like Jeanne Garafalo at first but she is growing on me. The interaction between the two of them is really good.
    Schizophrenia is an awful disease. Even with meds it can be unbearable and sometimes the meds alone are unbearable. I thought it was an interesting episode to a degree. It didn't keep my attention as I don't really like watching the new girl that much.

I tried to watch last night.
    It got to the part where the new girl was holding the gun poised to shoot. She looked like she was posing at a magazine shoot. Worst acting ever.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I tried to watch last night.
    It got to the part where the new girl was holding the gun poised to shoot. She looked like she was posing at a magazine shoot. Worst acting ever.
    I managed to flip back and forth enough to miss almost all scenes with her. I caught her scene at the end and then briefly at other points but as soon as she started talking I flipped away. So I ended up missing a substantial part of the show but I didn't "miss" it. I know this show is on the way out for me based on my lack of reaction to not watching it.

I just can't get into her and it's not even the other characters leaving. It's just I can't get into her in general.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I wasn't sure of that either. When they were doing his background Garcia did mention that three people were actually killed in a real fire. I had wondered if it was those three? Or if he was trying to kill the three in his head and accidently killed other people?
    I thought Garcia (?) had pictures of the people killed in the fire and the pictures were of the three people haunting him. When they flashed back to him as a child the figures were shadowy and in the distance. Maybe he had different figures haunting him and then after the fire they took on new shapes?

Regarding getting an experienced profiler...I seem to recall the producers or whoever mentioning having a new female agent on the show when there was the discussion of Prentiss leaving over the summer. I don't think they meant Rachel Nichols. In which case, what was the point of getting rid of Prentiss (sorry, I can't remember the name of the actress who portrayed her). She can't have been that expensive that they needed to get rid of her and hire a cheaper substitute.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Instead of hiring another new person (as mentioned in the last episode: an "experienced agent") and taking on this ridiculous trainee/pending agent whatever the heck she is why didnt they just keep Prentiss after letting JJ go? If there were giant cutbacks I get it--but surely Prentiss's salary didnt dwarf the two newcomers, particularly since they saved money by ending AJ cook's contract.

I cant stand the new girl.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I managed to flip back and forth enough to miss almost all scenes with her. I caught her scene at the end and then briefly at other points but as soon as she started talking I flipped away. So I ended up missing a substantial part of the show but I didn't "miss" it. I know this show is on the way out for me based on my lack of reaction to not watching it.

I just can't get into her and it's not even the other characters leaving. It's just I can't get into her in general.
    You know, you have a good point here----I find myself not even wanting to dvr the regular Criminal Minds this season. Love watching the old episodes though!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953 View Post
    You know, you have a good point here----I find myself not even wanting to dvr the regular Criminal Minds this season. Love watching the old episodes though!
    I love when I can catch the old episodes at my mom's house on the weekends. I'll watch those all the way through. But ever since this new girl came on I'm pretty much indifferent to if I watch or not now. It just doesn't have the same pacing and delivery that it had before with me and every time she comes on for me it feels like everything is jarred in the story. I know people like her so really I know this is pretty much just my feelings on it. But at this point if I miss the shows I don't really care anymore.

+ Reply to Thread