+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I really liked that they brought back JJ for the episode.
    She has that very calm, serene grace in the midst of so much violence and tragedy. Contrast that with the new girl who just comes across as arrogant and vapid.
    I'm not sure that I want to continue with the show since JJ and Prentiss are gone. The show is just losing it's core and it's soul, IMO.
    You need to be talking to the show's producers and get them on track--I think you expressed [many of] our feelings here perfectly!

And if they try to put the dumb new girl (with less than adequate training and education needed for this "elite" team) in a relationship with MY Dr. Reid Im gonna be pissed.

I doubt they would ever put any of the characters in relationships together - it would disrupt the dynamic of the team.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Y
    And if they try to put the dumb new girl (with less than adequate training and education needed for this "elite" team) in a relationship with MY Dr. Reid Im gonna be pissed.
    I'm the opposite - I want them to get together. They can't win.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentsKiss View Post
    I think Dr. Reid is shoved down our throats too much. And I'm kinda over Gubler's antics. He comes off as trying too hard to be cool. His brother is a nice kid though.
    Amen to that. All of these characters need to be taken in small doses and what was cute and endearing five years ago regarding Reid is now more like shtick. The headache storyline is getting on my nerves-can't we just go back to the cases like the old days and every now and again reveal a bit of each BAU members lives? The whole Prentiss story line was just too much. Also, their show has become visually more violent. It's lost it's footing. Now, we only have one female lead in Garcia ( I totally discount new girl a she might as well be a piece of furniture). I think they need to go back to doing what they do best: an hour to tell one story about a specific crime with tiny bits of personal info thrown in now and again.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Amen to that. All of these characters need to be taken in small doses and what was cute and endearing five years ago regarding Reid is now more like shtick. The headache storyline is getting on my nerves-can't we just go back to the cases like the old days and every now and again reveal a bit of each BAU members lives? The whole Prentiss story line was just too much. Also, their show has become visually more violent. It's lost it's footing. Now, we only have one female lead in Garcia ( I totally discount new girl a she might as well be a piece of furniture). I think they need to go back to doing what they do best: an hour to tell one story about a specific crime with tiny bits of personal info thrown in now and again.

I find myself enjoying the older shows on the USA and other cable networks. Agree with you on the violence. Plus---I used to look forward to bits and pieces of Garcia's character and Reid's popping through, but right now I really resent the current caricature of both. I basically yawned through the entire resolution of the Prentiss story line, didn't like it much, only kept it on because I was half awake and didn't feel like looking for something else~!~
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 03-23-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: left out word! oops!!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I tuned in last night; then saw Garcia with the orange hair and realized it was yet another repeat. Couldn't remember it too much, so I watched a bit longer. Then, Garcia was giving them their notes via the new IPads, etc. Gracia used to be my favorite and she's now a total caricature, like RedSox Girl stated upthread.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

I tuned in and was all "Wait, Prentiss is back already?" I'd never seen the episode before so I stayed and watched.
    I don't think the violence is necessarily any worse. I still can't watch repeats of an episode from years ago (that was set in an old mental institution/hospital) and that was an older episode.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

They said we are getting a new episode next week. I agree with folks not liking the new direction the show turned. Firing AJ Cook (JJ) was mistake number one. JJ was a great character. I also like Prentiss and hated the turn the story went to in the last couple of episodes. The new girl is okay, but does lack oomph. I liked the victim he saved in the episode with the club (the bartender) that he flirted with. She had spunk and gumption. I agree with the consensus of less personal life and more case, like they do with Rossi and Derek. I like Garcia, but feel like having her in two shows is stretching her too thin. Also miss her snarky and spicy comebacks and don't like the uuber serious version they went to after JJ left.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

So, an interesting post Prentiss show. A couple of things caught my attention. Aaron said they were looking for an experienced profiler to join the team. An opening for someone new to join the show? Has anyone heard any rumors about this? At the end of the show Reid was sleeping peacefully...hope that is a sign that his headaches are going to go away; that they were just caused by stress from him worrying about becoming psychophrenic (spelling) I felt so sorry for the boy last night...even after his electro shock therapy his voices were back. Psychophrenia is such a terrible disease...a friend of my mother-in-law had a son that was psychophrenic and it was terrible...she finally had to sell her house and move herself into a nursing home where you could not share your room with anyone just to get away him and get some peace in her life. He would never stay on his meds and even when on them he was difficult to live with.

The spin off Criminal Minds was really disturbing. I like this show but am starting to find it way to disturbing to watch so late at night. It is like a mind worm that keeps you awake after viewing. The lead actor in that one (his name escapes me at the moment) certainly deserves an acting award. The intensity he brings to the program is outstanding. I did not like Jeanne Garafalo at first but she is growing on me. The interaction between the two of them is really good.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

FORT Fogey

I just started watching this show on repeats on other Networks. I could care less about JJ being gone as her role was not important to me, but Prentiss was good for the show. I have not seen why she is gone, did she die or leave? Was the actress fired or did she leave on her own?

+ Reply to Thread