+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

CCL

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Regarding above
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that's too bad. I would love to have JJ back.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I really do not like the new girl. She adds nada, zip, zippo.

I liked the scenes with Prentiss & Morgan in the car and I thought the story was good. Interesting in a way because the BAU were somewhat out of their element (that being their usual hunt for serial killer psychopaths).

Garcia looks so much better as a blond. And yes, we too noticed the different hair colors between the two shows. I'm not sure how I feel about the new show. Sometimes I find FW hard to look at. I did like the plot of this week's show though.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    deedreamer, to answer your question re: JJ
    Click to see Spoiler:
    unfortunately it's just a guest spot for a send off for Prentis and to have a more "proper goodbye". I'd use the "thumbsdown emoticon" but that would give it away to anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled. I wish it was more permanent for sure!
    This is so ridiculous--we lose JJ
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and Prentiss
    and get 1 crappy character/actor in their place...thanks a lot CM and TPTB.

Also, why do they have to add in these backstories and other craziness? CM is great because each show is usually a single entity that we can enjoy and move on..we dont have to figure out why Prentiss is lying and sneaking around--we get equal doses of the characters and their interactions (which is one of the main reasons the show works so well).
    Yes, there are a few occasions where the characters can relate on a personal level or the suspects are from their hometowns but the PROVEN formula is: introduce a crime, BAU shows up, the last victim is rescued just in time because of their superior analysis and then they get back on the plane and throw out an insightful quote as the sky fades. Frankly, I was very happy with the first few seasons but now that they are adding all this backstory crap and weirdness Im beginning to fear the worst for future seasons!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    This is so ridiculous--we lose JJ
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and Prentiss
    and get 1 crappy character/actor in their place...thanks a lot CM and TPTB.

Also, why do they have to add in these backstories and other craziness? CM is great because each show is usually a single entity that we can enjoy and move on..we dont have to figure out why Prentiss is lying and sneaking around--we get equal doses of the characters and their interactions (which is one of the main reasons the show works so well).
    Yes, there are a few occasions where the characters can relate on a personal level or the suspects are from their hometowns but the PROVEN formula is: introduce a crime, BAU shows up, the last victim is rescued just in time because of their superior analysis and then they get back on the plane and throw out an insightful quote as the sky fades. Frankly, I was very happy with the first few seasons but now that they are adding all this backstory crap and weirdness Im beginning to fear the worst for future seasons!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Well, I am very unhappy to find out that Prentiss is going to be leaving. She wasn't always my favorite cast member, but I felt that she was a very good complement to the other cast members.
    So, are we now stuck with the young, insipid blonde? Sorry, but she just bugs the c*ap out of me!
    I don't like the direction this show is taking at all!!

L & O / SVU was a repeat last night, so I tried to watch the new CM.
    I had to turn it off after a few minutes and go back to SVU. I love Forrest Whittaker, but I just find that whole show totally off, somehow.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The new CM seems just too over the top. Almost like everyone is over-acting. I felt this way when Joe Mantegna came to the original CM as well but got used to him. I'll give it a couple more episodes but it really is nothing like the original. I realize they are supposed to be a bit more hard core than the normal BAU but it feels pushed. Maybe I just love me my original and can't get past it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    The new CM seems just too over the top. Almost like everyone is over-acting. I felt this way when Joe Mantegna came to the original CM as well but got used to him. I'll give it a couple more episodes but it really is nothing like the original. I realize they are supposed to be a bit more hard core than the normal BAU but it feels pushed. Maybe I just love me my original and can't get past it.
    That Jeanenne chick is trying so hard to "act" like she cares--it just doesnt work. And the whole premise is just silly--so silly in fact that they have to explain to us what the heck is going on at the beginning of each episode so we can literally understand why the hell an elite team of agents with the FBI are hanging out in a freakin warehouse, have no chain of command and only report to the director himself. I mean seriously?

I've watched this show from the start. I don't watch the spin off. I don't see a point in it. I do miss JJ. I tried to not hate on Rachel, but it seems like they are trying to turn her into the new JJ. I don't like that. I'm getting a bit tired of the new Reid story line too. It seems like they are looking for so many new ways to make female fans feel sorry for Reid that they missed opportunities for other things. I wish we had found out how Garcia and JJ became such good friends that JJ could kill a man who hurt Garcia and barely blink. To me, that is not just being part of the FBI team. That is a very tight relationship. I've never been a fan of Prentiss. Something has always annoyed me about her.

replacing AJ with a look-alike blonde was a very bad idea. They should've gone with someone completely different from AJ - it just reminds us every week that she is missing and that FauxJJ is never going to be RealJJ.

I will miss Prentiss and my viewership will be on the bubble.....if they can't get strong female leads in this series, the light is going to dwindle. As much as I started watching this show because of Thomas Gibson, I continue to watch it for the strong ensemble cast.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I watch it for the ensemble. With the two of them gone... its just not going to do it for me. The new girl just isn't that interesting to me.

+ Reply to Thread