+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 124 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I've watched 5 min of the new show so far and have this really strong deja vu feeling. Not because it is Criminal Minds but because I got vibes of a show previous to Criminal Minds that played for maybe a season. The whole rundown factory headquarters, the whole report only to the director stuff. After I calm down I'll watch the remainder, but WHY do they need another show? Isn't the team at BAU headquarters a "strike" team? Besides the deja vu, it just doesn't make to sense to me at the moment.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It makes no sense to me, either.
    And, while I understand that shows do make cast changes in series from time to time, I just don't understand or appreciate the changes they've made to CM.
    I didn't like JJ being cut and I don't think I'll like Prentiss being cut, either.
    I also don't like Garcia's new expanded role, as it takes too much away from the original endearing character that I liked so much. She now just comes off, to me, as smug and borderline arrogant.
    I watched last season when they previewed the new show with Forest Whittaker. It just seemed off to me, even though I really like Mr. Whittaker.
    CM seems to be going the way of CSI for me. I no longer watch that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I never liked the spin off idea for criminal minds either. I find myself catching this show occasionally now. Like when whatever is on PBS isn't keeping me entertained. Last nights episode instantly reminded me of another show/episode or something where the girls had an eating disorder or something think it was Bones.... Anyhow, I know they're different (probably greatly) but I couldn't stay that interested in it. I like the older episodes of this show that I catch on cable at my mom's house sometimes more than what is happening now.

CCL

I don't understand how Garcia can basically take over JJ's job (while still doing her own job) and yet also be doing the tech thing for another team as well? How many Garcias are there? It just felt weird. And I don't get why on the spin-off the team is portrayed as being some renegade team (ie they only report to the Director) and yet their first case is about a child abduction? If they were truly renegade/special ops wouldn't it be something more shady? Why couldn't they just have them be another BAU team? It's not like it would be strange to have more than one team. Will I watch another episode? Yeah, because I like some of the characters and it was an okay first episode. But I don't think I will be an avid fan.

Regarding the original show: Prentiss's mom was on an episode a few season's back. Didn't she and Prentiss have the same family name (I presume)? So was this fake life of Prentiss's the one she had while investigating Doyle? Or is her Prentiss identity the fake one? I'm confused.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don't understand how Garcia can basically take over JJ's job (while still doing her own job) and yet also be doing the tech thing for another team as well? How many Garcias are there? It just felt weird. And I don't get why on the spin-off the team is portrayed as being some renegade team (ie they only report to the Director) and yet their first case is about a child abduction? If they were truly renegade/special ops wouldn't it be something more shady? Why couldn't they just have them be another BAU team? It's not like it would be strange to have more than one team. Will I watch another episode? Yeah, because I like some of the characters and it was an okay first episode. But I don't think I will be an avid fan.

Regarding the original show: Prentiss's mom was on an episode a few season's back. Didn't she and Prentiss have the same family name (I presume)? So was this fake life of Prentiss's the one she had while investigating Doyle? Or is her Prentiss identity the fake one? I'm confused.
    I agree about Garcia, totally unrealistic that she would be doing three jobs-three jobs that are full time jobs and require so much attention to detail-throw in travel. When would she sleep?
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post

Right too, about prentiss. I'm totally admitting to having a `huh'? expression on my face regarding that storyline.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I agree about Garcia, totally unrealistic that she would be doing three jobs-three jobs that are full time jobs and require so much attention to detail-throw in travel. When would she sleep?
    Especially weird since they already did a show where Garcia tried to do JJ's job as well as her own and was completely overloaded....they made a big point about Garcia being Garcia... What the heck?

I think that's why the show is losing credibility with me.
    They're just turning Garcia into the tech girl on NCIS. A show I'm not a fan of.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it's more that they wrote themselves into a rut when writing out JJ and Prentiss. They made a point of saying that because of this and how upset they knew fans were they would beef up Garcia's role. To which they've failed!

This season just doesnt seem like the previous ones..I miss the old CM!

+ Reply to Thread