+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

CCL

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;4166577;
    I didn't watch Natural Born Killers, so I can't compare the two. I almost didn't watch this one for much the same reasons I have never seen NBK. But with that said, the show was a big big improvement on last week's. I don't like that they are fragmenting the team stories so much.....the Russian thing on Prentiss right after a possible foreshadowing of Reid going the way of his mom? Please, haven't they done enough to Reid's character over the years???? And I really do wish they would find a way to get Garcia's character more back to the earlier versions. She inserted something different into the mix, and I miss that. Garcia's character used to provide a good breathing moment during the very serious and complex basis of the show, and it made the show more watchable, IMHO!
    Agree about the change to Garcia's character. Right now I could pass on her and not care. As for Prentiss...I always found her just okay. JJ I liked - JJ I miss. Prentiss...not sure if I'll miss her or not.
    I was thinking the same thing about Reid. Drug addiction, thinking his dad was a killer, mom with psychiatric problems, being exposed to anthrax. Leave the man alone. I hope they don't make him have mental problems. They didn't even refer to his headaches this episode so are they just going to drop that plot point?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

They need to leave Reid alone. Out of all the characters I think he is the most beloved and if they do something that they cant come back from (mental disease, etc...) they cant just magically fix it and move on.

Yes, it would be an extremely emotional and moving event if something huge happened but without Reid Id be ticked.

I couldn't watch most of tonight s show due to the over the top violence. IT was just too much for me. It seems of late, this show has become even more visually violent than in the past.

I miss the old Garcia so much. I never really noticed JJ in the past, but I now miss her and I'm totally confused as to why they brought in this new girl as she seems nothing more than `JJ lite.' Why get rid of JJ if you are going to replace her with a character who is her twin? I don't get it.
    "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" — Abraham Lincoln

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She's cheaper?
    That's the trouble with real ensemble shows like this one, everyone's salary graduatlly creeps up.

I just watched the rerun where Garcia was kind of trying to sub for JJ and getting totally overwhelmed. The one where you saw her in contacts and "normal" clothes. While the clothes were pretty drab I have to say she looked a lot thinner in them than in the clothes she normally wears. Not thin of course, with a more clearly defined waist, etc.

Why does the team even bother to "give the profile?" After umpteen years have they not realized that they ALWAYS solve the case by themselves...for such smart folks they havent seemed to realize that giving the profile is an utter waste of time.
    Now, if one of the police detectives ever figures it out based on "youre looking for a white male in his late twenties in a blue collar job who keeps to himself, who may have broken a bone as a child" then I will change my position on assembling the entire police force to present the profile and taking up 2 minutes of time every episode. Until then it is simply silly and I cant believe that the powers that be havent guessed that we might notice that its basically fluff. I can't help but crack up when Hotch says "we are ready to give the profile now"...every time I say WHY BOTHER

Because that’s what they do – they’re the BAU – Behavioural Analyis Unit. They profile – and that profile always allows Garcia to magically narrow down their search grids (of course I say this sarcastically since I can’t believe some of the stuff she is able to find out about people at the click of a keyboard) I’m waiting for the episode when they tell her they know the unsub uses pink toilet paper.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

CCL

Mindy's point is why do they bother giving the profile to the local police department, when it is always them (the BAU) that solves the case, not the police. I don't know that the police have never been of help...would have to think of all the episodes and then my head would hurt. I guess it's a combination of wanting to keep the locals in the loop and, in terms of the show itself, it allows the characters to spell the details of the profile out in lay/ understandable terms, which they wouldn't necessarily do if just discussing amongst themselves.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4178202;
    Mindy's point is why do they bother giving the profile to the local police department, when it is always them (the BAU) that solves the case, not the police. I don't know that the police have never been of help...would have to think of all the episodes and then my head would hurt. I guess it's a combination of wanting to keep the locals in the loop and, in terms of the show itself, it allows the characters to spell the details of the profile out in lay/ understandable terms, which they wouldn't necessarily do if just discussing amongst themselves.
    Exactly. Im not being critical, it just amuses me that they do it every episode...AND tptb havent realized that we notice that the BAU always catches the killer without help (unless they need a swat team for backup).

Someone has to help me out here because I am mega confused....! I only started watching CM this year but Ive probably gone through 75% of the episodes with the help of AE marathons and Ion television. I think I have gotten the new season in bits and pieces though and it seems like they are suddenly obsessed with Prentiss and her mysterious past...can someone feel me in on whats going on with this season? Have they switched it up to be more "individual character" focused?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4191172;
    Someone has to help me out here because I am mega confused....! I only started watching CM this year but Ive probably gone through 75% of the episodes with the help of AE marathons and Ion television. I think I have gotten the new season in bits and pieces though and it seems like they are suddenly obsessed with Prentiss and her mysterious past...can someone feel me in on whats going on with this season? Have they switched it up to be more "individual character" focused?
    No...they've changed her story line because she's getting ready to leave. (I think they gave her a storyline in 17 out of 22 episodes this year, and we're toward the end.)

(She's not leaving voluntarily...)

+ Reply to Thread