+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 124 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I wish they would stop bringing in "pretty, model-esque" girls and instead go with a quirky, off-beat female to mirror Reid. I think it would be unbelievably interesting and a great change. Honestly, my favorite gals are always the bada*ses--whether they are rough and aggressive with the unsubs (Elle!) or super smart and efficient like Garcia. Ive never cared for the/a pretty blonde who gets a magic pass...

So the boyfriend killed the girlfriend right? CBS is pixelating so bad tonight I have missed nearly the whole episode. That unsub is just plain psycho!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Really enjoyed no new girl last night. That's an understatement. Not too cool with the idea that Prentiss potentially not being around as much because that indicates to me the new girl will be around more and I'm just not interested in that.

Am I the only one that felt like the entire last episode was a knock off of Natural Born Killers? The entire episode that was all I could think.

Kiz

Buglover...Yes, the boyfriend strangled his girlfriend to death.

Causingchaos...I thought the same thing about Natural Born Killers when I read the show description. The show was even closer to the movie than I imagined it would be, down to the the g/f having been molested by her father (and the b/f too, for that matter).
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I didn't watch Natural Born Killers, so I can't compare the two. I almost didn't watch this one for much the same reasons I have never seen NBK. But with that said, the show was a big big improvement on last week's. I don't like that they are fragmenting the team stories so much.....the Russian thing on Prentiss right after a possible foreshadowing of Reid going the way of his mom? Please, haven't they done enough to Reid's character over the years???? And I really do wish they would find a way to get Garcia's character more back to the earlier versions. She inserted something different into the mix, and I miss that. Garcia's character used to provide a good breathing moment during the very serious and complex basis of the show, and it made the show more watchable, IMHO!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Honest to goodness I had a lot of difficulty getting past the Natural Born Killers stuff in the episode. I totally fixated on it because it moved a lot like that movie too with the acting and all. The whole time I was thinking, "Are you serious?" So as a result of having watched that movie many times I found myself comparing the two and then ending up disappointed to a degree in the episode like I would be had I been watching a remake of a movie.

So glad not to see the new profiler in this episode.
    I felt like I was watching a prettier actor version of NBK last night, though.
    Way too similar and I have to say this, far too titillating, for this show.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the guy wasn't actually molested by his father. The girl, however, definitely was.
    Garcia is getting way too over the top for me. She's always worn some crazy outfits, but there is absolutely no way that she could get away with that - esp. in her more increased visibility role - within the FBI. They're still one of the last bastions of more modest clothing in the workplace. And, I really cannot see that Hotch would condone that.
    Overall and, especially in comparison to last week, this episode was a lot better.
    However, I find the show straining to be more shocking and not as believable as it had been. I hope the producers return to a more credible show.
    And, I hope they return Gracia to the lovable, quirky character she used to be. I find the new Gracia too caricaturish for my tastes!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kiz

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the guy wasn't actually molested by his father."

That's a good point, nrh. I don't think it was really made clear. The young man believed it to be true, but his father wasn't budging on the issue. He had been put in foster care, and I believe the reason given was abuse and his parents' alcoholism. I was left with the feeling that the father had molesting him but didn't want to admit it even under duress. But, with a gun pointed at his head, even if he had admitted to it, that wouldn't have been conclusive evidence either.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4167139;
    So glad not to see the new profiler in this episode.
    I felt like I was watching a prettier actor version of NBK last night, though.
    Way too similar and I have to say this, far too titillating, for this show.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the guy wasn't actually molested by his father. The girl, however, definitely was.
    Garcia is getting way too over the top for me. She's always worn some crazy outfits, but there is absolutely no way that she could get away with that - esp. in her more increased visibility role - within the FBI. They're still one of the last bastions of more modest clothing in the workplace. And, I really cannot see that Hotch would condone that.
    Overall and, especially in comparison to last week, this episode was a lot better.
    However, I find the show straining to be more shocking and not as believable as it had been. I hope the producers return to a more credible show.
    And, I hope they return Gracia to the lovable, quirky character she used to be. I find the new Gracia too caricaturish for my tastes!!

That's it exactly. I got the feeling that the young man may have been molested during his years in foster care, but transferred the abuser over to the dad. Even with the "warnings as to adult content"....and the way Morgan linked her behavior to the abuse when he talked to the guy, it was hard not to turn it off.

And you hit the nail on the head.....I love watching the older shows on alternate networks, one of my late night treats to myself. Garcia has gone from being a person to being a "character image" and I dislike that. Amen, Kiz & NoReality, Amen!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Thanks, Kiz and Jazzie. Good to know I wasn't alone in my thoughts / feelings.

I love gritty shows and I've always thought this show was done very well.
    However, lately it's been getting a bit too over the top. Even for a loyal watcher like me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread