+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 123 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

What was up with tonight's episode?
    They suddenly solve this 25 year old crime in, like 20 minutes, because Morgan's reputation is at stake. Way too pat for a good show like this.
    And, I'm sorry but the new girl adds absolutely nothing. The dynamics of the show are off, for me at least.
    Crap*y episode!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I only watched a few minutes of the show. The new girl turned me off right away and I went channel surfing .

Last night's episode was really good, but I can't stand Strauss. Every time she's on there I want to throw stuff at my TV. She made me mad last night. The new girl is pretty, but she's no JJ and it will take awhile for her to find her "niche." Interestingly enough when they switched from Elle to Emily I liked Prentiss better right away.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

CCL

But Prentiss actually replaced Elle in the team. The new woman is not replacing JJ (whose job was apparently taken over far-too-easily by Garcia, as if it was a part-time, throw-away job). Not to say that one cannot dislike the new woman, just saying that she did not come in as a replacement for JJ per se.
    I liked the show this week. I thought it was interesting to find out who actually performed the crime. Sort of like The Fugitive.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4128506;
    But Prentiss actually replaced Elle in the team. The new woman is not replacing JJ (whose job was apparently taken over far-too-easily by Garcia, as if it was a part-time, throw-away job). Not to say that one cannot dislike the new woman, just saying that she did not come in as a replacement for JJ per se.
    I liked the show this week. I thought it was interesting to find out who actually performed the crime. Sort of like The Fugitive.
    I see your point. I like the new character as well, and I like what they can do with her character after the back story they set up in her first episode. I also like Garcia's way of filling in the JJ stuff that they needed. I like Vangeness and her new face time is great.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Does anyone here watch Law and Order: SVU? AJ Cook was on the new episode this past Wednesday. She played a doctor. It made me sad to see her play a small role rather than be one of the stars.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4149334;
    Does anyone here watch Law and Order: SVU? AJ Cook was on the new episode this past Wednesday. She played a doctor. It made me sad to see her play a small role rather than be one of the stars.
    Actually, I thought hers was one of the main roles.
    I thought it was great to see her in a show with Jeremy Irons.
    I thought she did a great job.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4149399;
    Actually, I thought hers was one of the main roles.
    I thought it was great to see her in a show with Jeremy Irons.
    I thought she did a great job.
    I meant she wasn't the star of the show. She was one of the main people involved in that episode's storyline though. She looked kind of plain too. I guess I just miss AJ Cook as JJ.
    Wake up and be awesome

I totally miss her as JJ, as well.
    Since her exit, the show has just seemed "off" to me.
    And, while Garcia, has long been my favorite, I don't at all like her expanded role. It just doesn't work for me.

I don't care for the new agent and I have a reason why. Her character reminds me of a show called The Inside which ran a few episodes a few years ago. Awful show, but I watched because Adam Baldwin was on it and I'll watch pretty much anything that utilizes Mr. Baldwin. At any rate, I went to look the show up and here is the storyline:

In this psychological thriller, rookie FBI Agent Rebecca Locke joins the Bureau's Los Angeles Violent Crimes Unit, unaware that she's been hand-picked for the dangerous job by its imposing leader, Supervisory Special Agent Virgil "Web" Webster. Web is among the few who know that Rebecca was abducted and held captive as a young girl, a traumatic experience that affords her a unique insight into the mindset of villain and victim alike.
    What I then noticed is that the agent with the traumatic past is played by the same freaking woman who is playing the agent with the traumatic past in Criminal Minds. Way to typecast, people.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread