+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 128 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I agree, CCL. The flirting is fun, but he is not romantically interested and won't ever be. I think Garcia and Kevin (he'll always be Xander to me) are awesome together.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4085173;
    I agree, CCL. The flirting is fun, but he is not romantically interested and won't ever be. I think Garcia and Kevin (he'll always be Xander to me) are awesome together.

Yes! I absolutely agree. There's a deep loving friendship, but I really really do NOT want to see Garcia and Morgan as an item. I do love the Garcia and Kevin connection, they play off each other perfectly. I was really worried after the season opener that Garcia's role on the team was going to get downplayed and it was going to turn into the "Adventures of David Rossi" thus guaranteeing I would never ever ever watch it again. WHEW! I enjoyed the way they did this one, defining Garcia's personality while giving her more involvement in the story line. I also loved that the actress was able to show what an incredibly beautiful woman she is behind the quirky character of Penelope Garcia. Still my favorite show as of right now, anyway!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

CMS
    FORT Newbie

I really don't like the Garcia and Morgan characters. I think in the last season or so they have really made Garcia weak - crying and becoming hysterical when something happens - to the point where she doesn't do her job. And Morgan seems to really have a "hero complex" to the point where he makes rash illogical decisions. And for him can be so critical of other people's opinions that are different than his own - I think he is really arrogant. And the way the two of them talk to each other is just plain inappropriate - I really dislike these two. I would much prefer to lose them and keep JJ and Prentiss.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by CMS;4086056;
    I really don't like the Garcia and Morgan characters. I think in the last season or so they have really made Garcia weak - crying and becoming hysterical when something happens - to the point where she doesn't do her job. And Morgan seems to really have a "hero complex" to the point where he makes rash illogical decisions. And for him can be so critical of other people's opinions that are different than his own - I think he is really arrogant. And the way the two of them talk to each other is just plain inappropriate - I really dislike these two. I would much prefer to lose them and keep JJ and Prentiss.
    JMO but I don't recall her crying much to be honest, at least not to the extent you have painted. As Garcia has consistently said she stays in a room full of computers for a reason; to avoid the ugliness of her colleagues jobs. She wasn't even supposed to be a recurring character but she has became one of the most popular characters because of her quirkiness and because she represents how the average human being would feel having to confront such horror everyday. She represents the viewer. As for her quirkiness, she once said she dresses the way she does and fills the office with whimsical objects(such as her feathered pens) in order to keep the darkness of the job at bay.
    I don't see Morgan having a hero complex. He comes from a complex background which included being sexually abused as a child by a mentor and possibly by a priest (we don't get the specifics on that, only that he went to churchas a child every week even after `something happened.') His lost faith is restored when Garcia survives a shooting unbeknown to Morgan, as he enters a catholic church for the first time in many years, to pray for some sort of answer for his lost faith in God and human goodness. It's important to note his father, who was a policeman, was killed on the job when Morgan was a child -he also comes from a mixed marriage, as a result, he dealt with prejudice and a sense he never fit in anywhere. His ease with dealing with female victims comes from beign raised by his mom and having three sisters. Because Morgan often felt out of place as a child and young man it drew him to Reid, who depspite their obvious differences are very much alike in being `left out.' I think Morgan looks after him and offers advice because those are things he wishes he h\ad while he was alone in navigating his young adulthood as `the outsider,' much as Reid was and is often alone and cluless. Morgans life experience as a whole, but particularly his childhood, has given him the ability to easily relate to victims in an almost feminine capacity and I appreciate that take on his character since there is a tendency to sometimes play on his `Casanova' personality (which we find out is more of a ruse than the truth).
    Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. : "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.”

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4084682;
    We'd all like to think that souls can overcome physical differences (aka hotness ratings for these two), but really in that same arc Morgan had his chance to say something if he was aware of any deeper feelings---if I recall correctly she was shot by some goodlooking guy who'd picked her up and was just using her for something...maybe something job related, I forget, but not sex... Anyway Morgan said something that she took as him saying no way would such a good looking guy be attracted to YOU, and you should have known it, and she was mad and hurt, and ended up getting shot...he was right in this case. So he could have said at some point, he may not have been but I am, but he didn't. So I think it's meant to be just friends (unless we assume he's not in touch with is true feelings, or is somehow afraid he'd ruin their friendship--but from Garcia's remarks about his looks it's clear she wouldn't be repulsed)--especially now that they've given Garcia a geek appropriate boyfriend (who's even cute in a geeky way--he'll forever be Xander to me) who fell in love with her brain as it were.
    Well, long ramble, but even though I, too, have fantacized that Morgan loves her in more than a sibling/friend way, I doubt the show will go there even if it knows it is closing down...certainly not without first killing off the other boyfriend--maybe he dies saving Garcia and Morgan comforts her?
    Really, the group IS presented as being like a family, with an incest taboo. All these attractive people in high adrenaline situations, and nothing ever is even hinted at.
    I think he guy was a police officer posing as a lawyer-he was using Garcia to get into the database in order to erase info which could point to him as a serial killer. I thought the interaction between Morgan and Gracia regarding the guy was more of a misunderstanding; the way men and women do that sort of thing. I took his advice to mean if this guy is too good to be true then go with your gut Garcia, which is already questioning the whole thing. But Garcia, who has low self -esteem immediately went on the defensive and took Morgan to mean a good looking guy wouldn't be interested in her, but that's not what he said at all. He even tried to apologize once JJ and Prentiss explained to him how he came across to Garcia.:nono He tried to explain himself but she was so mad she hung up on him and went out with the guy, in some ways, just to prove him wrong.
    I really was disappointed when the stock geek guy showed up on the scene because I think the writers have a chance here to show that yes, it's quite possible for the smart slightly quirky odd girl to be the object of someones unrequited love of someone other than a fellow `geek.' In this case Morgan, who despite his reputation as a ladies man, actually isn't,:nono an admission he once made to Reid in passing. he was mad at Reid for Reid assuming Morgan was a one night stand kind of player. Moragn essentially told Reid off and explained he didn't know how to bring someone from the outside into this dark world they work in and even though he's seen with many girls nothing actually occurs because he's so disconnected from the ability to have a relationship. That's why, to me, whether he realizes it or not, he's in love with Garcia, maybe not in the obvious way, maybe not even in a way he can fully express(or that she can comprehend) but there is something there, IMO , more that could go deeper than a loving friendship. To me, they represent chances we never take or realize we have. We stay in our safe places, Garcia with her geek boyfriend (although are they together anymore?) and Morgan in this distant place psychologically in which he passes off serious feelings as flirty casual remarks with her so as to avoid anything deeper. Although as I said, he did tell her she keeps his soul out of the darkness and he did say " I love you, you know that, right?" but in a way which leaves it open for interpretation for the viewer. for even Morgan and I think Garcia is so insecure it would never occur to her she could be the object of a non-geeks desire.
    Anyhow, I just find their relationship interesting and complex and Morgan does not talk to any other women the way he talks with Garcia both in a flirtatious and serious, deep manner. and vice versa:
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-18-2010 at 10:36 PM.
    Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. : "It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.”

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4084719;
    I don't want to ever see Morgan and Garcia together. Their flirting is cute but they've got a deep friendship vibe, rather than a romantic one. The coupling would just be awkward and make no sense. Garcia and her geeky computer boy go together.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I think he's creepy

I think Garcia and Shemar Moore are my favorites, too.
    However, I am sure hoping Garcia goes back to the blonde hair. I hate the red hair on hair. It's a total turnoff.

I missed AJ in this episode. She grounded the team with her calm manner. I wish they hadn't gotten rid of her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

Honestly, I find Garcia a bit too "whimsical." Overall I like her but she can bit a bit much. Better in small doses.
    Morgan totally has a hero complex which he has shown again and again (for example when he drove the ambulance full of explosives away from the hospital in a previous episode. Garcia even called him out on it).
    The characters I like best are Reid (), Rossi, Hotchner and (the sadly departed) JJ. Prentiss is just okay. Morgan and Garcia I'm fine with but if they went away it wouldn't kill me.

Whatever happened to the Criminal Minds spinoff with Forrest Whittaker?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wondered about that too - maybe it's going to have a January start or mid-season replacement. Doesn't matter, I won't watch it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

CCL

But it has Janeane Garofalo in it!

Looked it up and it is called Criminal Minds: Suspect Behaviour and it has a 2011 start date. Looks like the same crew which appeared in the earlier Criminal Minds show are all back. Penelope is also listed as a character - does that mean she will be on both shows? Or is she just going to be on the spin-off for the first while (IMDB only lists information on the first three episodes of Suspect Behaviour).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread