+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3873135;
    does anyone know when it is supposed to air? Will it take Number's spot?? Isn't that Miami medicals' spot?? I can't think of a CBS show that was cancelled and this would be replacing in that time slot. Is Lost on CBS?

I didn't bother watching MM but read some real people reviews and not one person said they liked it - would watch it if nothing else was on, that's not good enough for me.
    Lost is on ABC. I haven't found anything re when this might air. I can't see Miami Medical lasting too long. I usually give scripted shows a chance by watching several episodes, but I have no desire to see another MM one.

Perhaps one of their older shows, like Medium or Ghost Whisperer is due to end. I think they've committed to some more episodes of Flashpoint, which I haven't watched, but might get from Netflix at some point.

We might not learn more until the upfronts. The CBS shows I watch are Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, The Big Bang Theory, and until now Numb3rs.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thought the episode was great, the new team was good - I liked them all! BUT, I am not sure about adding it to my DVR......... It depends on when it is on, what it is up against.
    I normally do not enjoy spin-offs as much, (there are exceptions) but I am so tired of remakes, spin-offs because a show is successful. There must be more creativity out there then to just rehash.
    I am not ready to add it to my programming just because I love Criminal Minds. I want variety, and more choices.
    Oh and yes, hottie is hot!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Yay, someone's discussing this show!

I added it to my DVR, at first I was bored with it for some reason and kept deleting it. Finally I watched a couple episodes when bored more with the other taped choices Lol. And now I love the show.

The cast is varied, the characters are interesting and different (yet not too hokey or cliched, well most of the time!) and the scripts are usually very good. It's also just riveting to me to watch them analyze everything.

They sort of all have OCD but in a good way.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I watched Miami M because of the woman on there who used to be the show about wife swapping (forget the name... it was a great summer show, very well done, but a one shot thing--she was the wife of the airline pilot and chief hostess). It wasn't bad at all, except there is just a glut of similar shows....they've tried to make it ever more exciting by making it about only high adrenaline cases...sort of ER of the ER... when what I watch shows for is the relationships. So I, too, think it is likely doomed, and maybe CI 2.0 could take that slot. Not a very popular time slot though.

Criminal Minds tested the show Wednesday to see if they'll make it a spin off. No decision yet. Will depend on ratings.

As far as Miami Medical, I haven't seen it yet, but it does star the woman from te 70's wife swapping show - can't remember the name, but it was on in the summer.

If Miami Medical does well in the ratings, it could replace Numbers.
    Everything is about cost and ratings. It's not enough for a show to win its time slot these days; it also needs to come in at a low price that makes it profitable for the networks.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3873798;
    Criminal Minds tested the show Wednesday to see if they'll make it a spin off. No decision yet. Will depend on ratings.
    I heard that it had been confirmed. Either I heard wrong info, or maybe something changed.

The pilot was shot and shown.
    However, it has not yet been confirmed on the network.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3873835;
    I heard that it had been confirmed. Either I heard wrong info, or maybe something changed.
    I don't think anything has changed, but a few articles (such as the one at The Hollywood Reporter) are written in such a way that it reads "done deal", "slam dunk", etc. I was of the same impression as you were after reading so many of them.

In January, Whitaker was "locked into the deal" so to speak by promising him producer credit. The lineup for Fall has not officially been announced, so it is hard to confirm at this time, but it does look promising as a Fall show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Haven't read much about the show - what sort of spinoff, anyone know?

Does it mean CM could be canceled? Hope not. It's one of the few shows dealing with human behavior on the air (aside from reality tv, which is a whole other kettle.)

Never been into Medical shows, I dunno they all seem the same to me. *ducks*

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3874418;
    Haven't read much about the show - what sort of spinoff, anyone know?

Does it mean CM could be canceled? Hope not. It's one of the few shows dealing with human behavior on the air (aside from reality tv, which is a whole other kettle.)

Never been into Medical shows, I dunno they all seem the same to me. *ducks*
    No need to duck from me, Brandy. I used to love such shows as Northern Exposure, St. Elsewhere, Chicago Hope and E.R. for several of its seasons, but the latest crop are pretty much same old, same old for me.

My big exception, which I just recently discovered via Netflix, is Nurse Jackie starring Edie Falco. My whole family loves this show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread