+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 127 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Love the show, loved Hotch's realistic choice, loved the emotion shown by the actors on his team at the funeral, and especially loved the allusion to Gilbert and Sullivan in the episode's title.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Was she Hotch's sister? I thought she was Hailey's sister (plus she was blonde like Hailey)...Of course Hotch would come back to the team. But, hey, if they were offering me full pension and benefits at whatever age Hotch is (45?) I'd be all over it. Hotch has always been a bit of a workaholic type though - I can't see him being a retiree, pottering around in his garden.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought it was Haley's sister.

Overall, I didn't like the episode, the ending seemed rushed and stoopid. Almost like they were running out of time and had to wrap it up. And I don't like how the team let Emily go off on the perp that way - I wonder if she was a victim of rape once, she seemed 'off' during the entire show and she got the 'playing along' aspect of what he was doing.

Loved seeing Rena Sofer - she's just gorgeous!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3765913;

Rossi is starting to bug me. I was really hoping that Jason would come back for Haley's funeral, and maybe to the team (and Rossi leaving). I know that probably won't happen, but Mandy Patinkin did return to Chicago Hope after leaving after the 2nd season, so I can hope.
    I actually like Rossi more than I liked Patinkin - when I watch old episodes with him, I think he's great, but I think Joe is better.

Other than the Hotch/Jack/funeral moments the show was weak.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3766426;
    I actually like Rossi more than I liked Patinkin - when I watch old episodes with him, I think he's great, but I think Joe is better.

Other than the Hotch/Jack/funeral moments the show was weak.
    I am a big fan of Joe M as well, and think Rossi adds a lot to the team (reminds me of the "mother" type energy for the team). I love Mandy P as well, but he doesn't stay very long whenever he does TV, so I try not to get attached to the characters that he plays.

The sister appeared to be more on Haley's side of the family in appearance, however, Hotch did make a reference to her as "my sister" during the episode and not sister-in-law or Haley's sister, but perhaps he embraced Haley's family so dearly that he makes no distinction? I don't know, she looks more like she would be Haley's side though then Hotch's.

ETA: Molly Baker plays the part of Jessica Brooks, so she is Haley Brooks Hotchner's sister. Mystery solved.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 12-11-2009 at 04:16 PM.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3766616;
    I am a big fan of Joe M as well, and think Rossi adds a lot to the team (reminds me of the "mother" type energy for the team). I love Mandy P as well, but he doesn't stay very long whenever he does TV, so I try not to get attached to the characters that he plays.

The sister appeared to be more on Haley's side of the family in appearance, however, Hotch did make a reference to her as "my sister" during the episode and not sister-in-law or Haley's sister, but perhaps he embraced Haley's family so dearly that he makes no distinction? I don't know, she looks more like she would be Haley's side though then Hotch's.

ETA: Molly Baker plays the part of Jessica Brooks, so she is Haley Brooks Hotchner's sister. Mystery solved.
    Hmm, still an odd phrasing though.... "my" sister. I haven't watched my tape yet, will look out for that!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3766672;
    Hmm, still an odd phrasing though.... "my" sister. I haven't watched my tape yet, will look out for that!
    or........ I need to clean out my ears! I was trying to listen and was waiting for him to say Haley's sister, but might have missed it if I was distracted by hubby, or dog. At the end, she said she wanted to do this for Haley.... and if she had been Hotch's sister, she would have said she wanted to do it for him probably. Anyway, she has same last name as Haley's maiden name (Brooks), so she is Haley's sister.

Also, she has appeared in 2 prior episodes, I think IMDB said once in season 1 and once in season 3. I don't remember either appearance. Blank slate.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Found this:

Haley Brooks (previously Haley Hotchner) was the ex-wife of series regular Aaron Hotchner. Together they have a son named Jack.

Name Haley Hotchner

Gender Female

Family
    Aaron Hotchner (ex-husband)
    Jack Hotchner (son)
    Jessica Brooks (sister)

Status Deceased, murdered by George Foyet

Portrayed By Meredith Monroe
    Last edited by anders332; 12-14-2009 at 09:48 AM.

We didn't remember the sister being on the show either but lo and behold the other night on the syndicated re-runs shown, there was an episode when Jack was just a baby and Haley and Aaron were still together and the sister was there.

Finally saw the episode last night.

Very glad to see that Hotchner will stay on. I'd miss the dynamic he brings to the show, ifr he were to leave.

I love the new hairdo that AJ has had for the past several weeks. The bangs, the color and the style all frame her face so nicely.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread