+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3757960;
    I felt bad for Morgan when Hotch said he stepped down because he wanted Foyette to think he was losing it. I actually cried during this episode last night.
    I didn't think Morgan felt bad, but perhaps that was my wishful thinking. Hotch explained that it was only part of the reason (perhaps the main part) but I am afraid to think someone is being primed for the spin-off. Actually, I hope they do what NCIS did and assembled an entirely new team instead of taking someone from this team.

I agree with everyone, this episode was AMAZING! I cried and cried, but thankfully had recorded all my Wednesday evening shows on DVR and watched them all today. I watched Criminal Minds first and saved the comedies (Modern Family and New Adventures of Old Christine) to follow.
    This was an incredible performance by Hotch, Haley, and Foyette!
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Excellent show - never have I cried so hard during a TV show before. Haley knowing she was going to die and telling Hotch to tell Jack about how they met, and Hotch telling Jack to help him work the case.

Brilliant show - written/directed/acted.

Wonder how this will all shake out in the end.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

CCL

I thought I saw a twinge from Morgan when Hotch said that (about stepping down, in part, so that Foyette would think he is losing it). I'm afraid they are setting it up so that Morgan will leave and head a new team.

The way they had the interviews ...it made it seem like maybe Hotch was dead. So glad that was not the case. And the scene where Hailey was taking to Hotch while Foyette was behind her with the gun...heartbreaking. I'm glad they did not kill the kid though I didn't think they would. I don't think Hotch being the sole parent will stop him from being with the BAU though maybe it will mean that he doesn't want to take the top role again.

Reid's hair is seriously too long. How can I crush on him when I'm constantly thinking of cutting his hair?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ger

I must agree with every one that the show this week was AMAZING

Well written and played out.

It sure was a tear jerker to say the least and I also am waiting to see how this story plays out.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm not sure how you could be a single parent and be on the investigatory team...they seem to be flying all over the country at the drop of a hat for unknown days at a time. I guess if you had a live in nanny you really trusted with your child...but it takes time to develop that kind of relationship. In any realistic world you'd want more of a desk job and predictable routine.
    Of course this is TV and not the real world...but I agree it could lead to Hotch taking a supervisory role on a spin off.
    And I agree, Morgan flinched when Hotch coldly made that remark about why he demoted himself.... Hotch was too busy to think about how that sounded or to notice, but Morgan did. So it is possible one of them is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3760371;
    I'm not sure how you could be a single parent and be on the investigatory team...they seem to be flying all over the country at the drop of a hat for unknown days at a time. I guess if you had a live in nanny you really trusted with your child...but it takes time to develop that kind of relationship. In any realistic world you'd want more of a desk job and predictable routine.
    Of course this is TV and not the real world...but I agree it could lead to Hotch taking a supervisory role on a spin off.
    And I agree, Morgan flinched when Hotch coldly made that remark about why he demoted himself.... Hotch was too busy to think about how that sounded or to notice, but Morgan did. So it is possible one of them is leaving.
    I know..... which made be wonder if Hotch will end up as a Director (desk job like Erin) for the spinoff? I would be very disappointed if they took anyone from this team to be a regular on the spinoff. I would rather it be unrealistic, and suspend my disbelief, then not have Hotch on this team. The team chemistry is one of the reasons I love this show so much!
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Almost as much as I dislike remakes of classic films, I dislike these kinds of spinoffs. Years ago when you had a spinoffs, they were new and original programs; i.e., All In the Family (The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times) or The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Lou Grant, Rhoda), or Happy Days (Mork and Mindy, LaVerne and Shirley).

What we get today are just clones, unoriginal and formulaic. I stopped watching Law and Order and CSI because of that. Now NCIS has followed suit. Lazy programming.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3760435;
    Almost as much as I dislike remakes of classic films, I dislike these kinds of spinoffs. Years ago when you had a spinoffs, they were new and original programs; i.e., All In the Family (The Jeffersons, Maude, Good Times) or The Mary Tyler Moore Show (Lou Grant, Rhoda), or Happy Days (Mork and Mindy, LaVerne and Shirley).

What we get today are just clones, unoriginal and formulaic. I stopped watching Law and Order and CSI because of that. Now NCIS has followed suit. Lazy programming.
    I have to agree with you. I hate all these clone shows just change the scenery a little bit. It's like a bad movie sequel. I avoid watching any of those shows.

I dont mind spin-offs, but I only watch the show if I actually like that show, not because it's a spin off. I used to watch CSI Miami til the cheesiness started turning my teeth yellow.

I understand the desire for producers to spin off a successful show - like mentioned above it has worked in the past and as recent as The Practice spinning off Boston Legal. Not every spin-off is worthy, but there are plenty of shows that now dont' hold my interest like they used to. House and CSI (the original) used to be fabo and now I don't care if I miss an episode.

I'll probably give the Criminal Minds spin off a look and if I like it good, if not, I won't bother watching it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm middle of the road on spin offs. I would watch a Criminal Minds spin-off to see what's it like, but no guarantee I would continue watching. I may well stop watching altogether though if Morgan, Hotch, Reid, Garcia, or JJ get moved to a spin off. They are the core team from the start, and need to stay together imho. Emily and Rossi can go if they need to move some of the team. I have no idea how they are going to work out Hotch as a single parent and able to leave for days at a time though.

+ Reply to Thread