+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 123 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

That was last season's finale. It's kind of a good thing only seeing it recently. You didn't have to wait all summer to figure out how it plays out!

Yes, I am glad I somehow missed it before. Just wished I had realized that before it came to the end of the show.
    From the previews I saw, it's looking like Hotch survives, so that will be good. The most difficulty with the new season is going to be Criminal Minds vs. Law & Order / SVU. Darn that Leno show!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Great show last night!!!! Criminal Minds is becoming my favorite drama on tv. I watched it and DVRed L&O: SVU. Unfortunately Modern Family misses out. They should move it to Tuesdays.

Anyway, I was very intrigued with the storyline last night. C. Thomas Howell is great as the reaper. And I don't think we're done seeing him. I think he'll be a character that they go back to every now and then.

How about Reid?? I remember when he was too scared to even carry a gun. He was a bad ass last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3710265;
    Great show last night!!!! Criminal Minds is becoming my favorite drama on tv. I watched it and DVRed L&O: SVU. Unfortunately Modern Family misses out. They should move it to Tuesdays.

Anyway, I was very intrigued with the storyline last night. C. Thomas Howell is great as the reaper. And I don't think we're done seeing him. I think he'll be a character that they go back to every now and then.

How about Reid?? I remember when he was too scared to even carry a gun. He was a bad ass last night.

I ended up spending time with a friend at the ER last night and the hubby didn't dvr this episode for me. I only caught the last 20 minutes of it. I'm hoping I can find the episode and watch it online....but would someone fill me in? I would so appreciate it!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Great episode. It was amazing to see Hotch's wife again (I still remember her from Dawson's Creek!). Reid was certainly heroic! A very solid episode and I think a solid season to come with The Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3711493;
    Great episode. It was amazing to see Hotch's wife again (I still remember her from Dawson's Creek!). Reid was certainly heroic! A very solid episode and I think a solid season to come with The Reaper.
    That guy scares the heck out of me!
    But, I was thinking that since Hotch said Reaper could stop killing for another 10 years; preventing them from being able to follow anymore leads and finding him - that would be Reaper's intentional slow torture for Hotch. So perhaps we won't be seeing the Reaper again soon????
    Hotch would be tormented the entire time, because of not being able to see, talk to his son Jack while they are under protective custody. So, I wondered if maybe we would not see the Reaper again for awhile this season.

I suppose they could have him find Hotch's family, make an attempt to kill them, and resolve the storyline...... but, most show creators tend to drag something like this out till sweeps, or until the end of the season.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I think C. Thomas Howell as the Reaper will definitely reappear probably toward Sweeps time in November. He's going to be Hotch's arch nemesis, just like Keith Carradine's character was with Many Patinkin a few seasons back.
    C. Thomas Howell really does a great job with creating a very frightening and disturbing character. He seems to have morphed into the Rutger Hauer character who was his nemesis in The Watcher movie. Very scary.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3711694;
    That guy scares the heck out of me!
    But, I was thinking that since Hotch said Reaper could stop killing for another 10 years; preventing them from being able to follow anymore leads and finding him - that would be Reaper's intentional slow torture for Hotch. So perhaps we won't be seeing the Reaper again soon????
    Hotch would be tormented the entire time, because of not being able to see, talk to his son Jack while they are under protective custody. So, I wondered if maybe we would not see the Reaper again for awhile this season.

I suppose they could have him find Hotch's family, make an attempt to kill them, and resolve the storyline...... but, most show creators tend to drag something like this out till sweeps, or until the end of the season.
    I hope they don't drag it out too long as the situation sucks for Hotch.

Reid - your hair is too long. Sort it out.

Where was Rossi for most of the episode? He was at the beginning and the end but he was totally missing from the middle section.

Jazzie -
    The case was about a doctor and his son. The doctor had been sent a note saying that his son was in danger but if he tried to hide the son a stranger would be killed every 24 hours. Two people were killed as the doctor kept his son at home. The son decided to leave the house and go to school so noone else would be killed (he heard the detectives talking to his father). Some of the agents kept the son safe at school. Reid (and Prentiss initially) went through the doctor's cases with the doctor trying to figure out who was targeting him. They eventually figured out that it was a person whose son had been fatally injured in a car accident; the doctor saved the other person involved in the car accident. Although the son was beyond saving (he arrived brain-dead), his father blamed the doctor. Towards the end of the episode he showed up at the doctor's house to shoot the doctor; Reid got shot (in the leg) and shot the guy in turn (not fatally).
    In the meantime, Hotch is missing. Prentiss goes to his house and just finds blood (no Hotch). Garcia does a search and finds out a Derek Morgan dropped off a John Doe at the hospital (The Reaper was using Morgan's id that he had stolen earlier). The Reaper had told Hotch that he should have taken the deal (to stop searching for him and he would stop killing). He then stabbed Hotch the same number of times he had stabbed himself. When Hotch came to he asked what The Reaper had taken from his house and they discovered he had taken the B section of Hotch's address book (where his ex-wife's contact information was). So they put his ex-wife and son in protective custody. Hotch knew that The Reaper had kept him alive so that he would suffer his son's absence from his life, not knowing when/if The Reaper would be caught and the situation would be resolved.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good summary! And the show reminded me of the earlier story of how "Reid" blew out his knee (dancing!!!) and that they had to write that into the show. I'd forgotten all about it until I saw him shot...the thought back and realized he's been shown sitting almost the entire show.
    I still think they should have gone with the actual cause of the knee injury--SO fits Reid's character!

Thanks CCL.......I missed too much for it to come together in my head. Going to be looking for that one online!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

+ Reply to Thread