+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 127 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

ugh I hated tonight's show. It was excellently played but so very creepy... since it was based on a true story. Based in British Columbia and not Ontario a pig farmer named Robert Pickton abducted and killed 6 Vancouver prostitutes, he's suspected to have done the same to 21 more women. The RCMP suspect he fed the victims to the pigs and also ground the victims up with pork and distributed it to family and friends. Wiki has everything you never wanted to know.
    It was just so sick and grizzly.
    So is Hotch dead?? At that close range, if the masked man did actually hit Hotch with a bullet and it's not a warning shot (or tranquilzer) then he should probably be dead?
    Garcia breaks my heart... I think her character is meant to be the viewer. We don't have the training or the years on the job to desensitize so she feels and shows what we feel.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3461625;
    Okay. What a finale. But I have a question about the end. It reminded me of another episode a few episodes back. The unsub was trying to get the FBI to make a deal in order to keep more people from being his victims. It was the episode where the unsub almost killed Morgan. He threw him through a window and almost shot him in the head but he didn't because Morgan was knocked unconcious and therefore was not a challenge for him. I thought that unsub was killed. Am I mistaken?
    Good catch! I think the guy you're talking about was the really creepy guy that did get away....the one who was pretending to be a victim but was the killer all along. Then when they caught him he had already spent years planning an escape route from every prison in the state and sure enough....he escaped.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fanatic

The opening credits showed C. Thomas Howell...so I knew that his character would resurface at some point. I'm sure that Hotch doesn't die since Thomas Gibson signed another contract for Criminal Minds.

My husband was right...when that character first appeared, he said that the show wasn't done with him. That he's come back at some point...and he did.

Great episode last night. I had NO idea that it was based on a true story. It makes it even more creepy. I can't wait for the next season to start.

I don't think Hotch dies either though it seems amazing that his character could survive that. But I think Criminals Minds did something similar to that with Mandy Patinkin's character early on where it appeared that he died, but he didn't. In any case, I'm looking forward to next season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3462145;
    The opening credits showed C. Thomas Howell...so I knew that his character would resurface at some point. I'm sure that Hotch doesn't die since Thomas Gibson signed another contract for Criminal Minds.

My husband was right...when that character first appeared, he said that the show wasn't done with him. That he's come back at some point...and he did.

Great episode last night. I had NO idea that it was based on a true story. It makes it even more creepy. I can't wait for the next season to start.
    I haven't watched the whole episode and I fast forwarded through the gory scenes at the beginning. IT didn't take long to make the Pickton connection in BC but this was slated as being near Port Huron (Michigan) and I live just across the river in Sarnia, Ontario. Too creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by guide54;3463721;
    I haven't watched the whole episode and I fast forwarded through the gory scenes at the beginning. IT didn't take long to make the Pickton connection in BC but this was slated as being near Port Huron (Michigan) and I live just across the river in Sarnia, Ontario. Too creepy!
    I did the exact same thing, I can't handle that stuff and I am sorry they used a real life case that is still known to resemble. I mean even picking MI is too close for comfort.

I love Hotch, and really hope he has a miraculous healing because I would have considered him gone. I missed most of the early shows, but was drawn to the show because of Patinkin, so thanks for giving me hope!
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

I didn't like the Pickton connection either. He's such a real-life monster. It was like when Law & Order based one of their episodes on Bernardo. Don't like those that are too close to real-life.

I missed Hotch getting shot was that right near the end.
    Last edited by Bubba-Jo-Lyn; 05-23-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: more thoughts to type
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3465215;
    I didn't like the Pickton connection either. He's such a real-life monster. It was like when Law & Order based one of their episodes on Bernardo. Don't like those that are too close to real-life.

I missed Hotch getting shot was that right near the end.
    It was the very end. After the plane ride back...and all the musing and quoting and stuff... I would have thought the show was over if I hadn't read stuff here, and I was wondering when Hotch got shot (thought it would be by the pig farmer, but then he obviously was the super criminal you all were talking about...), when BLAM, just as he's pouring himself a stiff one at the end of the day, and wondering how long it will be before his team suffers burn out...he hears a noise and turns around and there's a bad guy.

My vcr or tv or both went on the fritz in the middle and just recorded fuzz and a whine for quite a while in the middle. After they'd found the farm and just after they'd spotted an arm in the sty. When they came back they were giving the soldier the dog tags that his sister had had of his. I assume they found them in the sty? And the girl was underground. What did I miss?

I was hoping that at least some of the victims were still alive...maybe missing a few limbs... when the girl saw someone lying there at one point... but I guess that was the doctor?

I believe they did find them in the sty. Kelly (I think that was her name) was rescued and returned to her mom. We see soldier guy walking in somewhere and we see the swat team with guns trained on Lucas (the killer). We think at first that soldier guy is also targeting Lucas but then the swat team fires on Lucas while Morgan is screaming at them to stop. Soldier guy fires a shot and it's then that we realize that he was actually going in to where killer's brother was lying and that's who soldier guy killed.
    Hotch does the quote, wonders how long it will be before his team suffers burn out. He pours himself a drink and suddenly stares straight ahead as if he heard something. He turns around and we see a man with a strange mask. Masked man aims a gun at Hotch and says "You should've made a deal." Screen goes black and we hear a gun shot. The end. That ending reminded me of what I heard about The Sopranos only this was only a season finale not series Thank God! If they ended the series that way, I would've been super peeved. It's bad enough we have to wait until the fall to find out if indeed Hotch got shot.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Hotch most likely got shot - I find it interesting that we hear him say .....and sometimes the day just....BANG....ends..... Rather than the bang coming after he completes his sentence.

Criminal Minds always delivers and is best at capturing the real life feelings of real life events. Kudos to the writing/acting/directing staff on this episode.

So much for those that thought this show couldn't survive without Mandy P.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread