+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 126 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3254606;
    When they showed him pausing outside the doors, they cut to another scene. Then they showed it again and showed him going into the rooms of his wife, Sasha and Britney and killing them. The only thing I felt bad for the unsub about was when I thought that his family was treating him so disrespectfully. Sasha rolling her eyes when he walks in, Britney doing pretty much the same thing and Faith Ford...But once I knew that it was all imagined. All of it. I felt no sympathy for him at all.
    One thing I didn't like is that they showed that he was the killer at the very beginning. I prefer the episodes where they keep the killer's identity a mystery until the very end. Leaves me guessing and trying to figure out who it is.

I found this episode was done very well, I liked that it wasn't the formula type of CM we're used to. We were supposed to know who the killer was so we'd understand the ending.

When he paused outside the doors of all the girls rooms it was at the very beginning of the show - not just before they showed us when he killed them. But my guess would be that when we saw him do it the second time and went into the rooms is when he actually killed them and not the imaged scenes we saw.

Those scenes that were imagined were probably based on what his life was like the day he decided to kill them (or a typical day for them)

I still have it on tape and wanna watch it again.
    Last edited by anders332; 12-19-2008 at 11:34 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332
    When he paused outside the doors of all the girls rooms it was at the very beginning of the show - not just before they showed us when he killed them.
    I know that. It was at the beginning but then when they started to figure out that he had already killed them, they did a flashback thing to show the pause again only this time, they showed him opening the doors and shooting them all. I didn't mean that they cut to the scene where he killed them. I don't remember what scene they cut to after the pause but later they did the flashback and showed the murders. That's what I meant to say.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3254635;
    I know that. It was at the beginning but then when they started to figure out that he had already killed them, they did a flashback thing to show the pause again only this time, they showed him opening the doors and shooting them all. I didn't mean that they cut to the scene where he killed them. I don't remember what scene they cut to after the pause but later they did the flashback and showed the murders. That's what I meant to say.

cool beans.........I wanna watch it again to see the clothes he wore when he shot the lady on the freeway to see if they match up with the clothes he was wearing when he killed the family. That's me, I wanna know exactly when he killed the family.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Nilesgirl, you understand that the show was portraying a man in the middle of a psychotic break with reality right? His grief drove him past the very limits of his sanity and he was not in his right mind. "Imagined" is too simple a way to put what was happening to him. There is a reason that our judicial system has recognized that a person has to be mentally competent to stand trial. The character was indeed consumed 'by mental defect'. Although I didn't agree with the character's actions I found it hard to have any real animosity toward him.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

No, I know that he was having a psychotic break. And I felt bad that he had to witness the death of his daughter. I just...I don't know.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

This was 1 of the most believable and gut wrenching episodes ever. This is just such a well done show. I was not a fan of JJ's replacement when she started, but this episode did a great job of making her character both real and empathetic.

I think this may be one of my favorite episodes of CM. This show just gets better and better!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3254829;
    This was 1 of the most believable and gut wrenching episodes ever. This is just such a well done show. I was not a fan of JJ's replacement when she started, but this episode did a great job of making her character both real and empathetic.
    I was also more accepting of Jordan because of this episode, although when she said she couldn't do the job I saw that as a perfect opener for JJ to return and I do miss her!

I loved the fact that the harshness of the crime was softened for the team and the viewers with such a beautiful closing. A baby that brings joy into life, after they had witnessed the destruction of so many. As JJ mentioned (something about) the breakdown/wrap after an investigation being a sad moment - just that once she wanted to bring the joy you experience from a baby.

That sweetness left me feeling content despite the sadness of what had happened. I don't know if the unsup had experienced a lifetime of verbal abuse by the females of his family, or if it all began after the death of their little princess; but his complete breakdown took place in those months following the accident as he lived his own torture - so I felt compassion even though I feel he was accountable for his crimes.
    "My heart is, and always will be, yours." – Sense and Sensibility

I'm starting to wonder if all of it was in his head. Like maybe he killed his wife and kids even before he was getting dressed for the party and therefore, the wife didn't really criticize his tie.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I wonder that too, nilesgirl. When the BAU went to the guy's office they said that his wife had gotten a promotion and took a few weeks off before she started her new job. He may have killed his wife and kids even before the party and then told work that his wife wanted some time off so none of them would be suspicious as to her whereabouts.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread