+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 123 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

While I enjoyed the episode, I did find Jason Alexander a bit over the top with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3238061;
    Oh, Reid, you can tell me an existentialist joke any time you want.
    A good episode. Jason Alexander was good though I did find myself singing "Co-stanza!" for the first half of the show whenever he appeared.
    I know! Even though I found him creepy, I still couldn't forget "Co-stanza" and would start to laugh. They should never use him for something that isn't funny - I just cannot take him seriously!

I knew the team was safe, but could not figure how they would get out of this OK; I loved how they did it....... only thing, I kept shouting "Morgan is mine new girl, so just forget it!"
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I didn't have a problem with Jason Alexander in this role, maybe because I've seen him in musical theater and straight plays. As a matter of fact, when I first saw him sitting in the audience, I had to wait to hear his voice before I was 100% sure it was he.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It was really twisted. I am trying to remember the entire joke that Reid told and then what JA's character told him afterwards to correct him. I wonder if I can find the joke online. But that still won't help with JA's remark. Does someone remember exactly what JA said (about existentialists and the lightbulb)? I'd like to tell the whole thing to my friends tomorrow.
    ETA: I found the joke:
    How many existentialists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Two. One to screw in the bulb, and one to observe how the light bulb itself symbolizes a single incandescent beacon of subjective reality, in a netherworld of endless absurdity, reaching out toward a maudlin cosmos of nothingness. (This is the exact joke that Reid told including the answer) Now if someone could tell me what JA told Reid afterwards to correct him, that would be great.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL

I don't remember exactly what JA said. It was something about how the existentialist wouldn't change the light bulb but would welcome the impending darkness.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought he said they wouldn't change it, they would just let the darkness exist.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It would work either way. Both the subjective light and the encompassing darkness speak to disconnect with an observant purpose.

I haven't watched the show yet. Yesterday was scary enough with real time situations, not made up situations. Perhaps today, before I turn on the news would be a good time to watch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Holy cow! I expected to come in here and see a whole lot of replies about Reid and his impending flirtation.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Okay. I must've missed one heck of an episode. I'll have to watch it online in the morning. Reid and his impending flirtation?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3242371;
    Holy cow! I expected to come in here and see a whole lot of replies about Reid and his impending flirtation.
    She was really kinda cute!

+ Reply to Thread