+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 123 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

The problem with leaving Reid alone, is that he is the most fascinating character. He's sharp, conflicted, troubled and written better than any other character on the show. JJ has tremendous potential, and so do some of the other characters, but their pasts seem largely off limits and I can't stand the Joe M. character. So much so, I cannot remember his name and don't care.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;3232350;
    The problem with leaving Reid alone, is that he is the most fascinating character. He's sharp, conflicted, troubled and written better than any other character on the show. JJ has tremendous potential, and so do some of the other characters, but their pasts seem largely off limits and I can't stand the Joe M. character. So much so, I cannot remember his name and don't care.
    Awww I love Rossi! It was hard for him to step in for a larger then life character Gideon/Mandy Patinkin. I was annoyed when Mandy left because I love him and wish he would stay with a series more then a few years; whereas Joe Mantegna, will go down with the ship.

I think Rossi came in to the show with a little distant attitude, but his character warmed up when they helped him solve his 20yr old crime. He will never become a Gideon, but he is who he is and I accept (and enjoy) him for that.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3232646;
    Awww I love Rossi! It was hard for him to step in for a larger then life character Gideon/Mandy Patinkin. I was annoyed when Mandy left because I love him and wish he would stay with a series more then a few years; whereas Joe Mantegna, will go down with the ship.
    What is it with Mandy Patinkin that he never sticks with a show?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But I don't know about Joe Mangegna "going down with the ship" as I read somewhere he was leaving the show.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3232884;
    What is it with Mandy Patinkin that he never sticks with a show?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    But I don't know about Joe Mantegna "going down with the ship" as I read somewhere he was leaving the show.
    Oh no!!!!! I wasn't aware of that........ I do know he isn't winning any popularity contests. I am disappointed though, because I have always been fond of him. Thanks, I will prepare myself.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

To the Point

If he leaves I really hope that find the right replacement. I love this show. It had absolutely become one of my favorites.

CCL

I'm glad Reid's dad wasn't the killer.
    The last scene, with JJ and Reid in the hospital, was sweet. Plus it was funny when Reid told the baby that Yale was his safety school. At first I thought JJ was going to tell Reid that she was naming the baby after him; that could have been rather weird, though, in terms of her talking about her baby (Spencer is colicky, Spencer needs his diaper changed, etc.). While I don't want anything to ever happen to JJ (or Will) it would be funny to see Reid and Garcia parenting together! Maybe they can have an episode where the godparents babysit.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

It was really good to see Reid get some closure to his past. To understand his father didn't leave because of him must have been a huge relief.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I must have missed the episode where JJ and Will got back together... weren't they split up for a while? Or am I mixing them up with another pregnant blonde on another cop show?
    I'm sorry but I didn't see why Reid's dad left....because his wife "let" someone else kill the child molester? Who was planning to molest Reid? Ok, I agree, takes some getting used to, but you leave and have zero contact with your kid for 20 years?? Leaving the kid with this person you can't stand to be around? Not at all explained to my satisfaction.
    I guess Reid's dream of his dad with the child victim in the basement was just a dream, not a memory?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3233933;
    I must have missed the episode where JJ and Will got back together... weren't they split up for a while? Or am I mixing them up with another pregnant blonde on another cop show?
    I'm sorry but I didn't see why Reid's dad left....because his wife "let" someone else kill the child molester? Who was planning to molest Reid? Ok, I agree, takes some getting used to, but you leave and have zero contact with your kid for 20 years?? Leaving the kid with this person you can't stand to be around? Not at all explained to my satisfaction.
    I guess Reid's dream of his dad with the child victim in the basement was just a dream, not a memory?

This episode was a "must see" for me! You probably did miss JJ and Will getting back together, it was in the season finale. If I'm remembering it correctly, Will offered to resign his shield to relocate and be with JJ, and JJ requested her field time be limited due to the pregnancy. Then they teased us with whether or not JJ was the victim of the bomber.

On last night's episode, I guess I read it very differently. I didn't take it that Spencer's dad couldn't stand to be around his wife, but given her fragile emotional health, his presence may have made her worse. The fact that she went off her meds to remember the incident says a lot, and the husband's support of her when she did that was well done. All in all, one of the best episodes yet, IMHO!
    Jazz
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Reid's dad keeping track of him all those years but not ever making contact with him ........ ??? How could he do that? I am sorry, I don't get that he would do that. Maybe through his childhood, but he must have come to terms during the time Spencer was an adult. I know he destroyed the clothes and protected her, but I can't believe he would disappear from Reid's life over it.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread