+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 124 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3202520;
    I read an article in TV guide, and I think I got the impression that person would be around for awhile this season, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I hope that's not who goes
    For a while could just mean a leave then.
    I only watch this now and then, though have gotten sucked in over summer reruns...part of the Reid posse.
    Are the hunky black detective and the chubby blonde computer geek supposed to have just a brother/sister vibe? Or is this headed towards something more at some point?

I think they're just supposed to have a very good friends vibe. I wouldn't say brother/sister with the way they "flirt" with each other, but I really don't think that it's supposed to be leading up to anything more either.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3202616;
    I think they're just supposed to have a very good friends vibe. I wouldn't say brother/sister with the way they "flirt" with each other, but I really don't think that it's supposed to be leading up to anything more either.
    I guess, since there is that guy geek who seemed interested in her...but their relationship seems really intense at times...like the kind where one day they wake up and realize what they've got in their "best friend". If she were skinny that would be what one would be expecting to happen I'd guess...but because she's heavy it is sort of desexualized.... Not that I don't think men and women can't be "just friends", but you don't see it on TV too often.

Penelope (the chunky blond chick) pulls quite well on her own tyvm. At the moment she's seeing another computer analyst (they are always shown as hot and heavy) I don't think Kirsten Vangsness's stature has anything to do with the relationship between her and Morgan (Shemar Moore). I don't think the relationship will ever develop past what it is right now with the back and forth flirting and having each other's back.They each seem to be the other's favourite. I would be disappointed if they ever did get together.

I'd like Reid to find someone to connect with. Maybe get him out of his own head a bit.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Got timed out before I quite got to finish my thought above about the TV world as we know it (the nerve of people to interrupt me with work!)... that usually when a male and female on TV are really "just friends", without the vibe that eventually they will see the light (e.g., Tony Danza and Judith Light on that show where he was her housekeeper), the script supplies a reason...e.g., Will & Grace, or a huge age difference, or... not race or class any more...
    I agree, it's nice to see, and especially nice that she's not pining over him and has her own geeky hottie who's much more similar to her in interests, etc.

bwahaha! those employers! always expecting you to work. :phhht

I'm hoping that with this emsemble cast - where no one has hooked up with anyone else on the team, keeps it that way. It's a more realistic work situation and this show has enough drama on its own I don't think they need to throw 2 agents together to keep people watching.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Abbey from NCIS and Reid would make a great pair!!
    Is it Wednesday yet?
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS, I think what was being implied earlier regarding her "stature" was pretty much what actually happens all to often in real life as well. While Penelope is very pretty, no one would ever even think that Morgan would have any interest in her and sadly I think that they would probably use her weight as an excuse. It was even sort of implied in the episode where Penelope was shot. When she first told Morgan that this guy asked her out on a date, he seemed shocked. The way he talked, it was like he couldn't imagine any guy taking an interest in her. Unfortunately, in real life, it's almost the same. Guys who are extremely attractive will almost never give a girl the time of day unless she's thin with a great body and looks like she stepped off the pages of a fashion magazine. The whole personality thing doesn't even matter to them. If they're not drop dead gorgeous and a size 0, they can forget it. I had an experience like that once while trying to fix up a friend of mine. He seemed very interested in meeting her until the weight issue came up and he immediately said no thanks. I found myself very angry and told him that he's a fool for turning down the opportunity to meet a great girl who, aside from the weight, is very pretty and will treat him like a prince just because she's not super skinny. Oh, well. His loss. She is now with a really great guy and it's looking like they might get married. My belief is, not all gorgeous girls are sweet and they may not neccessarily treat their significant other like a prince. So to all the superficial men out there who only care about how a girl looks on the outside, I say this. Would you rather have a gorgeous girl with a killer body but who treats you like crap, or would you rather have a pretty girl who's only physical flaw is being overweight but will treat you like a prince and give you all the love and kindness in the world?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I don't think it has anything to do with her stature. I think it's simply the way their relationship is written on the show. If I do recall correctly they "attempted" more in one episode, but it was awkward and nothing came from it.

It's Wednesday!! I have been looking forward to this starting again all summer!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread