+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 123 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

FORT Fogey

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2925809;
    For a minute I thought the show would write him off, he would be shot by Owen, heal and leave the bureau. I'm so glad Reid is ok and that we are finally seeing the whole drug issue play out the way it would in real life!

That saying is so true about forgetting the things you learned in school but always remembering every detail about bullying. It took me years to finally forgive and let that stuff go.
    Truth be told, the bullied out number the jocks. I wanted to hug both Reid and Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2925241;
    Am I the only one who was sitting on the edge of my seat during the Reid/Owen showdown? I'm like : "OMG. No vest. Please don't let him get hurt. Please don't let him get hurt." And he made me cry with his story of being bullied in school. I, too, was a victim of bullying. Nothing that bad but still hurts and you really do remember it like it was yesterday no matter how much time goes by. My love for Reid grew 10 times tonight.
    I am loving Reid even more and I was literally on the edge of my seat when they were there, because i was so afraid he would get shot. It was so sad his story about being bullied. I like how they are making Reid more human and I am glad they are revisiting the drug issue--addicts generally don't quit cold turkey and go on to live their normal life with no problem, so I am glad they are making it more real and showing his continued struggles.

It was a totally amazing Reid episode. It really grabbed at me. I would have been so upset had they killed him or shot him off. I was really glad he was able to redeem the boy and help the boy not do something he would regret forever. I really think that revisiting his issues without having him actually engage is an excellent way of doing it because they don't have to delve all the way into the addiction, but go deep enough to really spark the heart.

Criminal Minds just keeps get better and better. But what is with Morgan lately? He's been pretty, well in my opinion, insensitive lately.

I was thinking about some of the stuff he said to Owen. When he was talking about just escaping from the problems, he was talking about his drug issue. I found that he had a revelation right then regarding the need to escape and for some it is drugs and others it is suicide, etc. Awesome episode.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Excellent episode, I agree. This and Numb3rs are pretty much the only police procedurals I watch. Both have really good characters and a good mix of plot and character development. Since the return, we've had a good episode featuring Reid and another featuring Garcia. Well done!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't usually watch this show, but caught the last half or so of the episode about the bullying...wow, couldn't turn the tube off. Great work. The "criminal" actor, who was also the nutty boy on Desperate Housewives, is really carving a niche for himself. And the nerdy cop, fantastic. And I agree with all who say we don't forget that high school (or younger bullying). If you think you've gotten past it just hit a high school reunion! A great episode on How I Met Your Mother last night also related to that...associative regression...how you go right back to what you felt/how you acted in younger days when you encounter those people.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2937892;
    The "criminal" actor, who was also the nutty boy on Desperate Housewives, is really carving a niche for himself.
    Thanks PWS! I couldn't remember for the life of me where I knew him from...it was driving me crazy! He really reminds me of a young Crispin Glover, especially with the long hair. I agree with all you other posters, I really enjoyed this episode, and like Reid, definitely identified with the "bad guy."
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Man tv guide has tonight's episode as a repeat! I love Wed because of this show and now I have to find something else to do. I guess I'll go to bed early or something.
    Yup, with donuts!!

This and CSI:NY are both repeats. There's nothing on for me tonight that I watch. I guess I could catch up on some movies. Sweeny Todd it is.

Oh enjoy ca! I loved that movie and cannot wait to buy it when our local shop sells the dvd used!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread