+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 124 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I really like this show, but don't know how many one hour shows I can continue to fit in my schedule. Even with vcr's, it's hard to keep up on all the good one hour shows and still have time for the other things in life. I watch all the CSI's, although not the NY one so much, Lost, Desperate Housewives, ER, Gray's Anatomy, Prison Break, Biggest Loser, OC, Reunion, both Apprentices, Invasion, Supernatural, and a few others, so you can see how many hours a one hour show can take out of a person's day if they watch a lot of them. I usually have to catch up on the weekends and sometimes almost the whole weekend is spent watching the shows I missed for the week.

I had to cut Bones, Medium, Survivor, Surface, and probably Threshold just to keep up!

Really loved the first episode - but I know what you mean about having too many shows to watch! I had to pick a couple to never watch at all so I wouldn't get hooked!

FORT Regular
    Was this show on last night? If so, I missed it. Can someone please recep?

This one is definitely on my "must watch" list now. It almost makes up for the cancellation of The Inside

They're doing a pretty good job of developing the characters - though not at the expense of telling that week's story. I'm happy with the pace so far

As for the storyline - well, it says alot about the characters and the writing etc that I didn't even realize (or at least, if I did - I didn't care) that it was a bit of a cliche

I'll definitley be tuning in next week for more!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

I like that show too...

Now if only it would have been Broncos tickets....LOLOLOLOL

Pierre
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by chesara
    I really like this show, but don't know how many one hour shows I can continue to fit in my schedule. Even with vcr's, it's hard to keep up on all the good one hour shows and still have time for the other things in life. I watch all the CSI's, although not the NY one so much, Lost, Desperate Housewives, ER, Gray's Anatomy, Prison Break, Biggest Loser, OC, Reunion, both Apprentices, Invasion, Supernatural, and a few others, so you can see how many hours a one hour show can take out of a person's day if they watch a lot of them. I usually have to catch up on the weekends and sometimes almost the whole weekend is spent watching the shows I missed for the week.

I had to cut Bones, Medium, Survivor, Surface, and probably Threshold just to keep up!
    I'm feeling your pain, chesara

I'd recommend fitting this one into your schedule, its the best new crime show this season, in my opinion.

There are aspects of it that I don't particularly care for yet. I can't look at the guy that used to play Will without thinking of that character an believing he's being so puckered to compensate. However, he seems the closest to the picture I normally associate with FBI agents from both the screen and books, other than the hangdog main profiler.

Either the bureau has changed substantially or the supporting characters and the way they interact with one another and dress comes across as wrong. They seem rather casual (or catty) at times, but then talk the talk when profiler man suddenly announces out of the blue that they're ready.

I was surprised at the tag team profiling they did this last episode, but I don't suppose I should have been. They were each taking a slice, but most of them could have been reading from a report or book, because they are just relating historical facts, not sharing intuitiveness that de3rived from them.

The main man has the gift, he's the master. The others appear to be little more than apprentice toadies with perhaps one journeyman. Like the primary character on House and other shows about detectives with a remarkable inner eye, it is interesting seeing him zoning out about nothing in particular and making a critical connection based on what passes before his eyes unrelated to what others focus on.

I saw the episode with the stutterer the other night, had missed it the first time it came around.

Egging the stuttering killer on with that shotgun struck me as one of the ballsiest moments I recall having encountered on television.

It said quite a bit about Gideon, both about his knowledge base and his ability to maintain his composure to do the one thing that might, just might give him an edge toward saving his hide.

Were it anyone else but the main character, I'd have bet more readily that the shotgun wielding maniac would pull the trigger rather than feel compelled to get his message across. Gideon played him like an instrument, and seemed to enjoy doing so, but that had to be among the best performances of his life (and perhaps the actors as well).

I missed last night's episode Was it any good? Was it a re-run? Did they shed any light on any of the characters history? Let me know. Thank you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I missed last night's episode Was it any good? Was it a re-run? Did they shed any light on any of the characters history? Let me know. Thank you.
    Not to worry - it was a repeat last night!
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    It was about a bomber who sent packages that were intended to kill. I hadn't seen this episode before, so it was new to me. It told us a bit about an old case where Gideon sent in 6 FBI agents after negotiating with a bomber and believing that he was giving up peacefully, but instead the sicko blew up all 6 agents. It had haunted Gideon for years, and he had to deal with it in this episode.

+ Reply to Thread