+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 123 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I thought this week's episode was really good. At first I thought he was just going to a different place in order to draw what he was drawing, but then realized he was the actual killer.

On the plane back to Virginia, who was Hotchner trying to call?

I'm actually glad that LOST hasn't started yet, because I've always liked CM, but they were normally on at the same time, so I'd always watch LOST.

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;2698518;
    Am I the only one that wants to see more romantic story lines in this series?
    I think hook-ups would ruin this show, like other shows that have forced them. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, but I want the focus to stay where it is and not get bogged down with stupid romantic story lines. It isn't a soap, I hope they keep it that way.

I'm a girl and I have to agree with JR. I like it how it is. There's enough romance and flirting for me. Too much and the intent of this show would totally change.

Also a girl, also don't want any romance in my crime drama. Or, I guess, crimes in my romantic comedies.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2703951;
    Also a girl, also don't want any romance in my crime drama. Or, I guess, crimes in my romantic comedies.
    Same here!

I have to disagree. I do like this show very much and would enjoy seeing some romantic involvements as long as they are background and do not become the show's focus. It's much more realistic to me that the characters have lives that include more than just the crime solving. I do agree that the crime solving should be the main emphasis of every episode.

One of the things I like most about Numb3rs is that it does include the characters' relationships, be they family, friendship, or romantic. They also show romantic realtionships for all age groups and for more than just the "pretty people."

Just my opinion, though. We all like what we like.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Okay. I just watched a repeat episode tonight and I'm a little mad that they didn't explain something by the end of the episode. The episode tonight was "Distress". A war vet suffering from PTSD was killing people in Houston because he thought he was still in the war. What they didn't explain was why Reid was acting like such a jack*** in the episode. He shows up late for a briefing then cops an attitude with everyone and then snaps at Emily when she calls him on his attitude. So do they ever explain (in any other episode following this) why he was acting this way? I was on Emily's side in thinking that I've never seen Reid act that way before. He's usually so gentle and kind. This was a totally different behavior for him. Kind of made me wish I a behavioral analyst so I could've analyzed (sp?) his attitude and figured out what his problem was. I kept saying that the whole episode. "What is his problem?!" So if someone could please enlighten me as to whether they shed some light on it in the next episode or 2, please tell me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2734275;
    Okay. I just watched a repeat episode tonight and I'm a little mad that they didn't explain something by the end of the episode. The episode tonight was "Distress". A war vet suffering from PTSD was killing people in Houston because he thought he was still in the war. What they didn't explain was why Reid was acting like such a jack*** in the episode. He shows up late for a briefing then cops an attitude with everyone and then snaps at Emily when she calls him on his attitude. So do they ever explain (in any other episode following this) why he was acting this way? I was on Emily's side in thinking that I've never seen Reid act that way before. He's usually so gentle and kind. This was a totally different behavior for him. Kind of made me wish I a behavioral analyst so I could've analyzed (sp?) his attitude and figured out what his problem was. I kept saying that the whole episode. "What is his problem?!" So if someone could please enlighten me as to whether they shed some light on it in the next episode or 2, please tell me.
    I did a little checking....I enjoy the show, but don't watch religiously. Two episodes back from "Distress" was the one with Reid being captured and drugged. So, yes, his behavior did, in fact change for several episodes, but, as you noted, it was subtle and wasn't overtly addressed in any of the following episodes that I caught (doesn't mean they didn't, just I didn't catch it!)
    Per TV Guide:
    Episode Detail: Revelations - Criminal Minds
    Conclusion. The team's urgency to find the killer increases when they realize he's holding Reid captive and they see a live feed of a bound and drugged Reid, who flashes back to his own troubled childhood while drifting in and out of consciousness. Det. Farraday: Bill Smitrovich. Man in Black: Don Swayze.

Hope that helps!
    Jazzie
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;2734298;
    I did a little checking....I enjoy the show, but don't watch religiously. Two episodes back from "Distress" was the one with Reid being captured and drugged. So, yes, his behavior did, in fact change for several episodes, but, as you noted, it was subtle and wasn't overtly addressed in any of the following episodes that I caught (doesn't mean they didn't, just I didn't catch it!)
    Per TV Guide:
    Episode Detail: Revelations - Criminal Minds
    Conclusion. The team's urgency to find the killer increases when they realize he's holding Reid captive and they see a live feed of a bound and drugged Reid, who flashes back to his own troubled childhood while drifting in and out of consciousness. Det. Farraday: Bill Smitrovich. Man in Black: Don Swayze.

Hope that helps!
    Jazzie
    Thanks Jazzie. I normally love Reid (he's one of my favs actually) but last night I found myself wanting to smack him.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Agreed. This episode was shot after Reids mess when he was captured and forced. They seem to have dropped the Reid as an addict storyline, thank goodness. It never sat well with me, or rang true to his character.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread