+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1233
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Reid explained that it was the reverse of what happened in real life. The girl rejected him and he flipped it to him rejecting her by devouring her...but then his victims were representations of what he 'thinks' happened; that by rejecting and devouring him, she is a praying mantis. Then it all becomes ritualized and sexualized while she eggs him on in his delusion. I think.

I almost stopped watching last year because of the violent images - the same with CSI. But, now I don't watch them live I tape them and fast forward. I may miss something, but I do love watching the teams interact and the characters develop.
    Punkin and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Reid explained that it was the reverse of what happened in real life. The girl rejected him and he flipped it to him rejecting her by devouring her...but then his victims were representations of what he 'thinks' happened; that by rejecting and devouring him, she is a praying mantis. Then it all becomes ritualized and sexualized while she eggs him on in his delusion. I think.

I almost stopped watching last year because of the violent images - the same with CSI. But, now I don't watch them live I tape them and fast forward. I may miss something, but I do love watching the teams interact and the characters develop.
    Thanks ... but it is still pretty complicated/confusing. I am hoping it will become clearer and easier to understand next week.

I also never knew the Preying Mantis was so "mean". Some fireflies are too.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I must be getting old. As last night's show played, I realized how frustrated and tired I am of seeing crazy killers who prey on women. I guess I used to find it interesting how the team tracked them down and caught them, but it just felt sad--that stuff like this really happens, the women victims have no defense against these creatures, and so many die because t takes years to get them if they ever do get caught.
    I wish more women were able to defend themselves. It would be a great surprise to the crazy killer/rapist that his victim isn't going to be so easy.
    I loathe how they always make the women weak and vulnerable, as if they can't stand up for themselves. Whenever the man/husband is being tortured or whatever, the woman is cowering and crying in the corner.
    cablejockey likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I loathe how they always make the women weak and vulnerable, as if they can't stand up for themselves. Whenever the man/husband is being tortured or whatever, the woman is cowering and crying in the corner.
    Interestingly ... I just read an article regarding how the female actors on the show aren't treated fairly financially on this show. The males making twice as much as the women. JJ & Garcia negotiated together this time and both almost walked!

The previews last night showed Hotch collapsing and they said he'd see his (dead) wife again.

Has there been any news of Thomas Gibson leaving?

Also, last night ... the new boss Mateo Cruz (Esai Morales) was introduced to the team ... and he has "history" with JJ and they seem close. Isn't JJ married?
    Last edited by echo226; 10-17-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CCL

JJ is married. And they better not go down an affair route.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

They certainly made it seem like it may be an affair, or past affair, with JJ and the new guy. I really hope it's not though, that seems just so wrong for JJ's character. It will really irritate me, and I'm sure a huge number of viewers.

CCL

I think they might have worked together when she was seconded to the State Dept a couple seasons back (might not have been State but not sure where) as they mentioned in their last conversation about a case they had worked on, and it still being open and they weren't sure how long it would be, maybe years. So hopefully it's more like when someone is a spy and can't tell others what their true profession is (like with Emily previously). Better a secret work thing than a secret love thing.
    redsox girl likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm guessing The character of JJ worked closely with Mateo when she was away from the team for a year. The writers are going to fill us in on what she was doing and what her life was like during thayt year we didn't see her. Could be the writers are making us believe there was an affair just to mess with us. Or. she did have some sort of emotional or sexual affair wuth Mateo -they may gop that route in an effort to give depth to her character-that she isn't perfect and that despite this flaw she is still a good person/. Maybe Will distanced himself from her or they were having problems and thus Mateo became emotionally available. Or...
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I defintely got an affair vibe - I thought he was already with the BAU at the beginning because they were running together. It seems odd that he's a running buddy when they clearly have a flirtateous thing going on.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I don't think it was an affair...I think the writers are purposely making it look that way though. My bet is there's something about the case they worked on that ties them together...maybe they didn't quite didn't follow the rules, some action inadvertently led to someone dying, or the bad guy getting off - something like that.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread