+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Dang! Was all set to settle in tonight and watch CM . . . . . but it's not on. Apparently, Survivor (a show I watched for ONE season) is on for 90 minutes and they'll fill in the other 30 with a rerun of Mike and Molly.

Only bright spot is that CSI will still be on.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    notice how only JJ has a personal relationship - Aaron lost his g/f to New York (I think), Garcia lost Kevin (although they kinda implied they were dating again). Morgan has never had a relationship, Prentiss never did either, the only times we saw Rossi with a woman was just before she died.
    Morgan does have a relationship. It's with Garcia. And ,vice versa. THose two love one another dearly.I have no idea if there's underlying feelings of romance, but there's definitely a soul mate quality to the relationship. It's to me the only relationship on the show that has been rock solid since we met the team way back in season one. It's grown and changed and redefined itself. If you think about it, Morgan and Garcia have shared personal moments and events with only each other- Morgan taking her home and putting her to bed when she was drunk. Garcia attending the dinner in which Morgan was the speaker (and had no intention of going until Garcia talked with him). When Garcia was shot, I reckon Morgan and Penelope connected in a waythey haven't with the other members. Letting him into her apartment and thus showing him her private world. Lots of intimate little moments throughout the years, between just them.Then there was the time Morgan was on some crazy chase in which he thought he was about to die. The last thing he said was to Garcia, via cell phone, "Garcia, you are my heart.` I look forward each week to their interaction because that relationship is so unexpected and so out of left field-the hot guy and the nerdy girl. They have even argued on occasion, but always they come back to one another. They have told one another `I love you` and I often think , in the back of their minds, each of them has some sort of feeling that goes deeper than friendship. Morgan doesn't have any other long term significant relationship(excluding his mother and sisters, of course. But that is different). Morgan said the reason he perfers to be alone is because of the ugliness of the job and an inability to trust. On one episode he even made a comment to Reid that Reid and the others were assuming alot whern they made comments about him going out every night. But, it's different with Garcia. As for Kevin and Garcia, I know lots of people like that relationship, but to me, it lacks `something.' I think Garcia knows it. Like I wrote, who knows exactly whatMoragan and Garcia feel for each other, but Garcia and Morgan are absolutely connected heart and soul. No other characters have that long term, unbreakable, intimatley emotional bond the way Penelope and Derek have that bond.
    cablejockey, Hyper and Arielflies like this.
    “If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.” -- Zora Neale Hurston Jan 07, 1891 - Jan 28, 1960, American anthropologist, folklorist and author

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, it's a very unusual relationship. I'd think sibling, except for all the sexual banter...maybe like 2nd cousins who grew up together?

Morgan and Garcia are a relationship, but not on a sexual/personal level. They share a connection that is stronger than glue - and I agree with PWS it's like a sibling thing, or a bestest friends kind of relationship. I don't think they'd ever go to the sleeping together place. Didn't she have to explain to Kevin why she and Morgan were so close?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I can't imagine being in that line of work and being able to have a relationship with a signifigant other. The stuff you would have dealt with at work would be hard to put behind you to go home to a family. I wonder how many IRL keep a family life going.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Even regular cops have an extremely high divorce rate.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I can't imagine being in that line of work and being able to have a relationship with a signifigant other. The stuff you would have dealt with at work would be hard to put behind you to go home to a family. I wonder how many IRL keep a family life going.
    Which is why, I guess, that it makes sense to have a significant other in the same line of work.

Morgan treats Garcia almost like a little sister, so I am not sure if that relationship could move to a sexual level, but I think long term it could be a mutual comfort level ... such as roommates and someone to come home to.

Reid reminds me of someone ... a genius ... I used to know who died young.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Sad episode this week. Good to see Patrick Flueger on my TV screen again, he played the unsub. He is so talented, and did a great job on The 4400. The team stalker is extra creepy.
    redsox girl likes this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I don't believe Morgan and Garcia treat each other like siblings because siblings do not flirt with each other like these two, peppering their conversations with double entendres.Well, unless the siblings are a couple of deeply warped unsubs. What I see are two people who are extraordinarily protective of one another, sensitive to each other and accepting of one another's quirks, something which occurs in relationships that aren't always sibling in nature. I mean, if my brother started calling me `Miss Thing' and `Sexy Mama' like Morgan does to Garcia (and she has many a sexy little pet name for him) I would either have him arrested or be so disturbed and freaked out I'd need serious therapy and a restraining order. Last season there was a funny moment when Garcia was going on and on over the phone to Morgan about how hot he is (except she was way more creative about it then I'm describing) and what she did not realize is that she was on speaker phone and the entire team along with the police they were working with had these raised eyebrows with a collective expression directed at Morgan which clearly read "Is there something you two are keeping from us?" And Morgan said "Uh, Garcia, you do know you are on speaker phone, right?" It was cute. Then, there was the time the team, after a particularly sad case, stayed together at work, watching a Charlie Chaplin movie to unwind. While everyone else sat in their own seats eating their own snacks, Morgan and Garcia were physically up against each other, laughing at the film, looking at each other and sharing their popcorn.You could tell the writers were delivering a subtle message that these two have something different going on, that isn't like their relationships with the others. No, these two, are definitely attracted to one another. It's unspoken, in the serious sense, but these two click perfectly. As the truest of friends and somewhere, in the back of of their minds, something more, even if neither will ever act on it. What makes the relationship great is the writers have chosen not to do the dreaded `let's get them together' which always kills things. I just enjoy their relationship and the way the writers are doing what I consider a super job keeping it fresh. Okay, off to start my on-line Garcia/Morgan fan site, because i just realized I know way too many insignificant details about their relationship.
    ilja likes this.
    “If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.” -- Zora Neale Hurston Jan 07, 1891 - Jan 28, 1960, American anthropologist, folklorist and author

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Bumping this up from Page 3.

Episodes should be NEW from here until the end of the season. Looks like there are 5 remaining episodes.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread