+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I'm a little annoyed that after all the hullaballoo over the cast changes last year that Prentiss is going to leave again this year. Thanks a lot for rewarding your fans' loyalty there Paget.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm a little annoyed that after all the hullaballoo over the cast changes last year that Prentiss is going to leave again this year. Thanks a lot for rewarding your fans' loyalty there Paget.

My daughter has watched this show far longer than I have. We've watched reruns together enough recently that I felt like I was all caught up. I knew Prentiss was "killed" (in typical soap opera fashion) and was interested to see how they would bring her back. I was totally confused when I read that she'd be leaving. But......but.....but......ain' t she the one who just came back? All seems rather pointless now.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I don't claim to know her reasons for leaving on her own (her statement says she wants to pursue other acting opportunities). But, in her defense, it is on her terms this time, Last time her contract had expired and CBS opted not to renew (same as AJ). Was it a "in your face" move - I don't know, maybe.

I still love Paget and always will and I hated that they fired her and AJ, the only two women - who knows what working life was like after coming back after that.
    Last edited by anders332; 04-23-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

who knows what working life was like after coming back after that
    This could be an excellent point - "awkward!"

I enjoy her character and I liked how the show was addressing how the strain of her "return from the dead" affected her team. Especially in her interactions with Morgan, his sense of betrayal and her having to work to regain his trust.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

I've enjoyed catching up since last year on this thread. Thanks for everyone's insightful comments.

We stopped watching my favorite show last year because it was becoming increasingly violent against women. Our local Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel TV reporter even wrote that it was just over the top, and he's pretty liberal. Someone here mentioned torture, and I completely agree. It's like they think we are desensitized and need more graphic abuse. Um, no.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Hein View Post
    I've enjoyed catching up since last year on this thread. Thanks for everyone's insightful comments.

We stopped watching my favorite show last year because it was becoming increasingly violent against women. Our local Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel TV reporter even wrote that it was just over the top, and he's pretty liberal. Someone here mentioned torture, and I completely agree. It's like they think we are desensitized and need more graphic abuse. Um, no.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who is noticing this. I was a pretty loyal viewer of this show. Started skipping episodes when that new girl joined because she just didn't do a thing for me. Started watching again when the normal case was back this season but then tapered off again because it seems to have been getting increasingly dark and more violent than usual. I don't mind alluding to torture. I get that is part of the cases they deal with but I don't particularly want to view the torture.

the episode where the dude would kill the women to bring them back to life was highly disturbing.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

So it appears that Jeanne Tripplehorn is the new female agent on the team. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I like that there will still be some gender balance on the team and she's not some young upstart who will annoy me with her very presence.

from ew.com
    Criminal Minds
    Season Premiere: Sept. 26, 9 p.m., CBS
    Showrunner: Erica Messer
    Stars: A.J. Cook, Thomas Gibson, Matthew Gray Gubler, Joe Mantegna, Shemar Moore, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Kirsten Vangsness
    What to expect this season: The introduction of Tripplehorn as the BAU's newest agent, a love interest for Gubler's Reid, the return of Hotch's (Gibson) brother, and a season-long bad guy who will be introduced earlier on in the season who replicates crimes of the past.
    Messer says: ''The idea of this UnSub is introduced in the premiere and will haunt us a few times throughout the year.'' —Sandra Gonzalez
    Women are Angels.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Starts tonight, but don't settle in to your Wednesday night CM watching routine just yet. This show (and every other Wednesday night show on nearly every other network) will NOT be shown next week (October 3rd) because of the Presidential Debate.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Mia, I read that quote from the magazine as that Jeanne T. would be a love interest for Reid... On rereading I don't think it means that, but quite a start.

Thanks for the info re the debate, Little S&S...makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread