+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1233
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    They showed, in that episode, where she's talking to Hotch at the hospital. No dialog, but it's obvious the look of recognition that comes on hisface.

they also had a conversation later in the episode when JJ feels guilty for letting the team believing Prentiss is dead.

Good epi - I've always loved Kelli Williams since The Practice - lucky girl got to sleep with Bobby!!
    Last edited by anders332; 04-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Again I am new to this show, and trying to catch all the old episodes. I just watched the one where Hotchner's wife got murdered. That was horribly sad. I have a question though to long time viewers. Does Reid have some sort of condition like Autism or Asperger's that has been revealed. He acts so much like my son who has Asperger's that I was wondering if that was the story they were telling or if he was just a genius. Thank you in advance for the information.

CCL

They've never said that he had a condition but a lot of people have commented on him having traits consistent with Asperger's. The only medical history we have on him is that his mother is schizophrenic and he worries about developing that disease himself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Well they certainly nailed Asperger's. I did catch the episode where he was visiting his mother in her institution, and he slept on her couch with her, and they made a huge effort to show he was sound asleep and child like. That reminded me so much of my son because he is ten, and he would rather sit home with us than to do anything social, and he definitely would rather read a book or watch an educational show they go out like they always show him. It would be nice if they did say he had it because probably like me it might make our lives with our children seem a lot less worrisome for their futures.

I assumed Reid simply fell into the 99th percentile of people and had an Eidetic memory. No syndrome involved. Many people with no syndromes have quite impressive memories.

A very big spoiler (good, but big) for next season

Click to see Spoiler:
    Potential great news for Criminal Minds fans: A.J. Cook is in talks to return to the CBS crime drama next season as a full-time series regular. Meanwhile, executive producer Ed Bernero — who has run the series since the beginning — is leaving. Another Criminal Minds veteran, executive producer Erica Messer, is set to take over as sole showrunner.

Cook departed Criminal Minds at the end of last season when her option was not picked up, sparking a huge outcry among fans. She appeared in the first two episodes of this season to give closure to her character JJ, who was transferred from the BAU to a job at the Pentagon. Cook then returned briefly last month for costar Paget Brewster’s final episode.

Speaking of Brewster, she is filming a comedy pilot for NBC, My Life As an Experiment, and will continue with that project if it goes to series. But if it doesn’t, I hear CBS has an option on her for Criminal Minds and, if it exercises it as many expect, the network would bring the cast of the show back to the way it was at the end of last season.

The developments, especially Cook’s potential return to Criminal Minds, do not bode well for newly-minted regular Rachel Nichols, who was brought in to fill the void left by Cook’s departure.

While things look bright for the female portion of the Criminal Minds cast, things are still murky on the male side, with stars Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore still not signed for next season. Talks are underway with the two actors whose deals are up at the end of this cycle.

As for Bernero, he informed the cast and crew of his departure on Tuesday night. There had been speculation that he would leave the series at the end of the season, especially after his script Partners got picked up to pilot at ABC in January.

source Criminal Minds Spoiler

Criminal Minds' Rachel Nichols: It's Time for Seaver to Step Up

Rachel Nichols is about to go through a rite of passage.

The Criminal Minds newbie, who plays Ashley Seaver, will recite one of the show's trademark thought-provoking quotes on Wednesday's episode. "I get to read the quote at the end, which is really exciting. It's my first time!" Nichols tells TVGuide.com. "They assured me that they will not take that quote away from me!"

The voiceover honors caps a fairly Seaver-centric hour, in which the BAU rookie steps up and shows her value to the team — and in Nichols' case, her value to the show's diehard fans. The actress has been in a tough spot since landing her initial three-episode stint during the CBS procedural's cast upheaval that saw A.J. Cook leave in September and Paget Brewster depart last month. After getting promoted to series regular in December — a move that enraged a number of fans — Nichols has remained in the background while Brewster's exit arc was unraveling.

"They've had a hard time since I came back," she says. "Prentiss' story was far, far, far more important than introducing Ashley Seaver. They've had to struggle to make me be present, but they couldn't give a lot of time to Seaver because she's not that important! So in that sense, I get [why some fans] think she's useless or doesn't do anything. But you'll get to see more of Seaver here and you begin to understand that although she's new, there's a reason she deserves to be part of the team."

The episode takes the BAU to San Diego, where an unsub is targeting female college students. Seaver has her first one-on-one interview with the roommate of one of the victims, and it all culminates with her being directly involved with the capture of the unsub.

"At the end of the episode, I'm delegated to do something fairly intimidating and you see that she's up for it and is good at it," Nichols says. "It shows that she's coming into her own quickly. Even though they have those intense situations that maybe someone new couldn't handle, you get to learn more about her strengths and you get a little tidbit about her past. I don't get to kill anyone yet, but what happens is a big deal for Seaver. For the rest of [the team], it's not a big deal because they have been through it a million times. It's like child's play to them."

Because Seaver is a freshly minted agent and not a seasoned pro — as was the case for the rest of the team members, past and present, when they were each introduced — Nichols thinks she can act as an "emotional barometer" for the long-running show.

"The show works because everybody is so different on and off the show. Seaver is the newbie, so she hasn't been desensitized to the gruesome things they've all seen," Nichols says. "There's a certain level of emotion to her that maybe isn't as apparent in the other characters because they've been doing this for a long time. You see this new girl coming in — I've been told I have watery eyes, whatever that means — and there's a sympathy behind her eyes for the victim, for the unsub."

Nichols likens Seaver to another young FBI agent who was plucked from training and thrust into a major and majorly grisly case: Clarice Starling. "The Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies. I'll never forget the scene where Jodie Foster is examining [the body of a] girl who's been in the water and the skin off the back has been removed," Nichols says. "She shows up and profiles the body, but the look in her eyes — it's like, 'Oh my God, I'm looking at a dead body now.' There's a reaction, but she can mask it and do her job. She's not fragile; she's determined to succeed. And Seaver's the same."

So does that mean she's a Clarice Starling in the making?

"Seaver will take as many Clarice Starling moments as she can!" Nichols says with a laugh. "You'll see a few here — the emotional side and the ass-kicker side. Now, she's graduated and they've lost a team member, so she knows it's time for her to step it up and she does. And I can't wait for everyone to see it."

Criminal Minds airs Wednesdays at 9/8c on CBS.

Criminal Minds' Rachel Nichols: It's Time for Seaver to Step Up - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Whoever posted the spoiler upthread, thank you!!

As far as Seaver, please tell me when she's on, because I refuse to watch any more episodes with her. Can't stomach the woman.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

I maintain my solo appreciation of Seaver so I'm looking forward to an episode featuring her.

As for the spoiler

Click to see Spoiler:
    Would love, love, love to have AJ Cook/JJ back. Prentiss - I'm okay either way.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love that spoiler!!!!

+ Reply to Thread