+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Criminal Minds (CBS)

Re: Criminal Minds (CBS)

I am very disappointed that he will not returning. It is quite unfortunate that he did not want to return and that the producers didn't want him to either. It seems that things will be a-changing.

FORT Fogey

well, take that off of my TIVO list

only watched it for Mandy

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

I think it's a darn shame Mandy won't be back. He added such a quiet calm to the mix. You always knew he was one step ahead of everyone else.

The scuttlebutt is that Geena Davis is the front runner as his replacement. NOT a good move IMO. I did hear that it was offered to Michael Keaton, who declined.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2484012;
    The scuttlebutt is that Geena Davis is the front runner as his replacement. NOT a good move IMO. I did hear that it was offered to Michael Keaton, who declined.
    Oh, I think Geena Davis would be good. I love her.

I have to agree with Florimel. I don't think Geena Davis would be a good fit for this type of show. I have a hard time picturing anyone else who could be right now though.

I know it's a double post for me, but I just wanted to let everyone know who'll be coming in for Mandy. I must admit, I have mixed feelings about it. Ed Bernero, executive producer, has said that Joe Mantegna will be joining the cast.

Those unfamiliar with him; he's been in Joan of Arcadia and numerous movies.

I had to google to see who he was (I'm really bad for names though)....
    I think he looks like he'll fit in good....I really wish Mandy was coming back and I'm interested to see how they write him out. Guess we'll know soon how well Joe fits and what happens to Gideon.
    I'm also anxious to see how the new season goes. The end of last season it looked like Emily was put in an interesting position.
    ---------------------
    opps....

I saw on one of the entertainment shows that Joe Mantegna is replacing Mandy Patankin.
    Should be alright. I enjoyed the Gideon character but the rest of the cast is excellent too.
    I wonder if they will write Gideon's character off because of that "mole" work they wanted the new gal to do.

Possible Spoiler

According to Michael Ausiello, Mandy Patkin will be seen in one scene, possibly covering two episodes, that will explain the departure of Gideon. As seen below, none of the other actors would work with him, so he was apparently completely alone on set as well as in the scene.

Exclusive: Mandy Patinkin Returns to Criminal Minds! - Ausiello Report | TVGuide.com

Mandy Patinkin by Tony Barson/WireImage.comMandygate just gets weirder and weirder.

My moles at Criminal Minds have just confirmed for me exclusively that disgraced cranky-pants Mandy Patinkin will be returning to the show this fall after all but only for one episode (airing Oct. 3), so as to provide some closure for his Gideon character. Strange as that may sound, though, that isn't the really odd part: He'll only be in one scene, and he'll essentially be the only one in it.

Why? Well, duh! My spies tell me that no one in the cast wanted to work opposite him again after he brought production to a standstill by pulling a no-show without even calling in (cough, cough) sick. What's more, Minds' producers were forced to use a special crew to shoot the pariah's scene because the show's regular staff refused to be on set with him.

Except possibly to Patinkin, who seems to live in his own world, the backlash against him isn't entirely a surprise. Last month, costar Shemar Moore raked him over the coals at press tour. "I don't like that he did this the way he did this," the former soap stud said. "I don't think it's right. He left us hanging... no warning, no nothing. We all showed up to work on Day 1, and he didn't.

"He needs to take responsibility for his actions," Moore continued, "[and] just acknowledge us, because it's an ensemble, it's a team.... We just want the courtesy and the respect that we deserve. And we felt like if he had given us that initially, this would be much easier to deal with. He essentially just slapped us in the face."

As such, what will transpire in Mandy's final scene on the show? The onetime Chicago Hope firestarter gets in a car and drives away, a new bridge burning in his rearview mirror.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread