+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Invasion

Invasion

Liked it. Invasion definitely has potential. The opening hurricane scence might be a little too much deja vu for some people, but I give Shuan Cassidy kudoos for writting a wonderful premiere episode. Invasion and Threshold are the best out of the three that premiered but I think Threshold may have a harder time getting a audience as they are really going for the intellectual audience (think Lost/X files fan base) and they just may not be there on a Friday night. Surface is hooky sheer fun and may not last more then 2 or 3 seasons (the appeal of Lake Bell, the main heroine, may not last more then 2 or 3 episodes before she totally annoys me) before it runs out of steam. Invasion seems to have a good balance of both and will probably appeal to a wider audience.

Great casting for the daughter, loved the cat, very laid back.

I liked the beginning but I could not hold my eyes open for the last half. Better than Surface, not as great as Threshold.

******** I think Threshold may have a harder time getting a audience as they are really going for the intellectual audience (think Lost/X files fan base) and they just may not be there on a Friday night.**********

Where else would us geeks be on an Friday night
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    I liked the beginning but I could not hold my eyes open for the last half.
    Me, too. I fell asleep right after they took the mom home from the hospital. What happened after that please.

Good show, but I agree that Threshold is better - characters more interesting and concept meatier. Invasion reminds me of the old movie "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" and its remake with Leonard Nimoy. Don't know if that is where it is going, but it certainly seems to be.

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I liked it. I think Threshold is better but this is fun and creepy!
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

I quite liked it.
    I have a feeling we'll come to find out that the sheriff (William Fichner) is an alien deposited on a previous mission.
    I don't know why I think that, just something about the way he was talking with the priest at the end.
    That's my crazy prediction.
    I'll stick with the show for a while I think.

I enjoyed the show. It held my attention while most non-reality shows don't. Quick questions...was the sheriff's daughter his daughter from a previous relationship or was Mariel her mother?

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I quite liked it.
    I have a feeling we'll come to find out that the sheriff (William Fichner) is an alien deposited on a previous mission.
    I don't know why I think that, just something about the way he was talking with the priest at the end.
    That's my crazy prediction.
    I'll stick with the show for a while I think.
    I agree about the hubby,but I think he is on a current mission and his mission is to convert the residents of this town into aliens. How very xfiles. I must admit the little girl is what made me still watch the show. She is very sweet.

I thought I was going to be annoyed with the personal relationships at first.
    Eddie Cibrian and Kari Matchett used to be married, now they're divorced, have two children together are both remarried, Matchett has a step-child and Cibrian and his new wife have a child on the way.
    It was all a bit of a whirr to begin with.

There is something not on the level about the sheriff.
    Just the way he was whispering to the priest at the end and then the priest did that same vacant smile that Kari Matchett pulled after looking at Cibrian's brother-in-laws injured leg.
    Very strange.
    If I give this show a few minutes of thought I actually find I am quite interested to see how it plays out.
    I'm a bit more engrossed than I initially thought I was.

I liked it. The sheriff is definitely an alien. He said, at the end when he and his wife (don't have the names down yet) were standing looking out into the Everglades, something like "are you feeling better now? The first couple of days are the hardest." Plus he's just creepy! Gotta be an alien!
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    Quick questions...was the sheriff's daughter his daughter from a previous relationship or was Mariel her mother?
    I'm pretty sure his daughter's mother died (she said, to the reporter I think, "when my mother died.") Wonder if the mother was an alien, too, (as is the girl then).

Hope the rest of the episodes are as fun as this one was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast