+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Thanks for that info, Qboots, I was worried it would be "too late" to get into this show. Hubby is interested, but we missed all of it so far. Has it just been 2 episodes? Is tonight the 3rd?
    No, tonight is only the second ep. So Saturday will be a repeat of everything so far.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What did everyone think about last night's episode?

I was confused when Rose suddenly wanted to go back to her mother's place, when she'd been so upset with her - thought for a minute that she might have been "invaded" herself

I'm liking the doctor more - we're getting to see a struggle within her. I was cheering when she gave her ex that tissue sample!

Poor Rose, I'm really scared for her - the last person I'd want to share a secret with would be that creepy sherrif!!

I really want to like this show, but if something doesn't happen soon, I'm gonna lose interest. Last night's episode was pretty boring.

in his head

what was that tail like thing in the diver's head?

i thought it was neat that you could see the marking on the brother's leg and where you can see that he escaped before whatever it was could get ahold of him.

what's up with the "part dolphin" trailer for next week?

My 2 cents: I have a big pet peeve for blatantly over-used script writing forumlas. Someone earlier commented that the weaved relationship between the main characters was typical. I agree. I also found the brother-in-law / conspiracy-theorist to be annoying and completely unneeded. Why does there need to be a character that says, "The hurricane is a smoke-screen for aliens" like 10 minutes into the pilot episode? That annoyed me. Where's the mystery?

Anyway, I'm giving Invasion another few episodes before I reprogram my PVR to record Riptide reruns on another channel. I really wanted to like this show, but I think I'm just not that into it.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjones247
    My 2 cents: I have a big pet peeve for blatantly over-used script writing forumlas. Someone earlier commented that the weaved relationship between the main characters was typical. I agree. I also found the brother-in-law / conspiracy-theorist to be annoying and completely unneeded. Why does there need to be a character that says, "The hurricane is a smoke-screen for aliens" like 10 minutes into the pilot episode? That annoyed me. Where's the mystery?
    My thoughts exactly. The painfully obvious "body in the trunk disappeared" part, the soldier's wife thinking he's overseas, conspiracy brother getting caught, you could see them coming from miles away.

I thought that thing in the diver's head was a claw of some sort, and when it moved, it shot the "claw" part out further.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjones247
    Anyway, I'm giving Invasion another few episodes before I reprogram my PVR to record Riptide reruns on another channel.
    Where are you getting Riptide reruns??? I would love to see that show again.

Oh... and I like Invasion right now, but if it gets any more weird I might be looking for reruns too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Where are you getting Riptide reruns??? I would love to see that show again.

Ah, Riptipe. Back when TV was simpler and 'teh internets' didn't exist so we could collectively trash it for all of its weak points. But I digress.

Back to Invasion: This show is suppose to be a critics choice, but I'm still stuck on the bad writing. Maybe I've been spoiled by the genius writing team of Lost and, at one point, Alias. Heck, the pilot episode had worse writing than an bad episode of Joey.

Anyway, I felt like E2 gained a little speed and actually went somewhere. However, I agree with the earlier post that the little girl was out of character for suddenly wanting to go home with mom. Please people, if you're going to use cliche characters, at least be consistent.

As for the Riptide reruns, I'm still searching. Maybe one day... maybe one day.

Its better than Surface and I like the ensemble compared to the team in Threshold.

So what if they used cliches, enjoy the ride and let the story unfold.

+ Reply to Thread