+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Confidential on FOX

I saw both this show and How I Met Your Mother (the wonders of TiVo!) and i have to say that I thought this one was better. It's not as kitcshy as Family, also I'm really tired of coms about family life. Except cosby show reruns, ill still watch those. Rudy! Seriously though, kitchen has a good pace, the writing's pretty snappy, there's some good on-screen talent, and the production design is pretty slick and lovely. I would recommend checking it out, big time. peace

FORT Fanatic
    Unlike Arrested (genius), this KC show did not make me laugh once. I think I might have grinned...not sure. It just seemed like the same ol' contrived sitcom crap - nothing cutting edge funny like AD (I know it's not fair to compare every sitcom to what has to be the funniest new sitcom since Seinfeld, but you have to have a benchmark, right?)
    Anyway - it was fine, not annoying, but nothing seemed very 'smart' about it. I hope it gets better, cause soon I'll run out of LOST season 1 DVDs to pop in after AD.

Not over yet.....
    I just hope fox gives it time to build an audience. Why arent people watching AD???!!??! sorry, that's for a different thread.

i really enjoyed kitchen confidential. I will be adding it to my tv repetoire.

I just finished watching episode #2. Pretty funny. When the show was over, there was immediately a commercial set in a restaurant (Visa commercial) with Tom Brady, and right after THAT was a trailer for a movie called "Waiting" (about a restaurant) which was strange, as it also features the kid from Freak & Geeks that is in Kitchen Confidential. Anyway, I wasn't paying much attention, and for a second thought "why is Ryan Reynolds (another guy in that new "Waiting" movie) on "Kitchen Confidential?"

ANYWAY...as I said, pretty good show tonight. So far, my second favorite new sitcom (and it takes a LOT for me to like a sitcom.)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I'm so happy there's a thread for this show already. I saw the first episode last night - must be delayed in Canada. Anyways, I loved it. I'm a huge Alias & Buffy fan so seeing Bradley Cooper & Nicholas Brendan again was so cool. Really hope this one lasts the killing season of new shows. It was perfect right after Arrested Development - same type of humour.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn
    I'm so happy there's a thread for this show already. I saw the first episode last night - must be delayed in Canada. Anyways, I loved it. I'm a huge Alias & Buffy fan so seeing Bradley Cooper & Nicholas Brendan again was so cool. Really hope this one lasts the killing season of new shows. It was perfect right after Arrested Development - same type of humour.
    Hm...did you try it on Fox? I don't know what Canadian channel it is showing on (sometimes they do show things a week after the American channels) but if you watch it on Fox you can see the current episodes.

Last night's episode was pretty funny. I liked when the newbie said "Sometimes yelling is someone telling you they love you really loudly" to the British guy after Bradley went off on him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Hm...did you try it on Fox? I don't know what Canadian channel it is showing on (sometimes they do show things a week after the American channels) but if you watch it on Fox you can see the current episodes.

Last night's episode was pretty funny. I liked when the newbie said "Sometimes yelling is someone telling you they love you really loudly" to the British guy after Bradley went off on him.

I'm cable deprived just got the old rabbit ears working. It was on Global last night so that was the only way I got to see it but thanks for the suggestion. I would love to have cable back but for some reason it just doesn't work in my condo something about the wires getting all mixed up and my condo board (aka Condo Nazis) don't allow satellite dishes either. So I suffer with peasant vision.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn
    I'm cable deprived just got the old rabbit ears working. It was on Global last night so that was the only way I got to see it but thanks for the suggestion. I would love to have cable back but for some reason it just doesn't work in my condo something about the wires getting all mixed up and my condo board (aka Condo Nazis) don't allow satellite dishes either. So I suffer with peasant vision.
    Ah, I see. Well, thanks for letting me know it is on Global, anyways.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    Snowy, after reading your comments in the thread for How I Met Your Mother (which I only saw a few minutes of), I realized that, not only is there a little Buffy connection with this show, but there's also a Freaks and Geeks connection. The actor who plays the goofy kid from Utah (the one Jack did not hire), John Francis Dailey, was Sam in Greaks and Geeks. He's grown about a foot, but it's him. Loved the stuff in the alley when I he was trying to make himself vomit just because Jack did it.

OMG it is him!! I loved that show.. in fact still miss it

thought that, for a first episode, it was pretty good. I thought the casting was good and I like the premise. I'm hoping that the girlfriend (can't remember the name of the actress) will still be on the show, even though she moved out on Jack - I enjoyed their interactions.
    Her name is Andrea Parker - and I agree, their interaction was very good. Unfortunately, I don't see any sign on the official website that her role will be continuing.

She's been on a lot of shows.... "Less Than Perfect", "The Pretender" and "JAG" to name a few

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast