+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everybody hates Chris

FORT Fanatic
    This show got a lot of hype and I watched it. I thought it was just okay. It wasn't laugh out loud funny, but there were a few funny parts. Overhype can be a bad thing, because its sort of a placebo affect. Its almost like you have to "like" it. Chris Rock is a great comedian, but I don't think think this show has staying power. Its a little like "So you think you can dance" everyone thought it was going to do really well, and when it premiered the producers were happy with the results, but the show has eroded, and will be surprised if it comes back. This show was also over hyped. I could be wrong, but the show isnt anything special in my in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00
    that kid is bound to be a star. i just hope he won't end up like jallel white (steve urkel).

I dont think jaleel did all that bad. He did graduate from ucla right? And not on drugs or committing crimes, didnt sue his parents or anything.

Anyway, watched it and loved it. I expect the second show to be even better since the bulk of the first show was spoiled through commercials.

"Unplug that clock, you can't tell time in your sleep!, thats two cents an hour!"
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00
    that kid is bound to be a star. i just hope he won't end up like jallel white (steve urkel).

chris rock is a genius.
    Jaleel White is ccurrently a writer/producer and had written several episodes of "Family Matters" - I think he is doing ok.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    This show is so funny. I love Chris Rock and think that he executed this sitcom really well-- not corny or laugh out loud funny, but subtle and even a little intelligent. The cast is great and I think the actors that play Chris' family have great chemistry. The kid that plays Chris is perfect-- not in your face cute, not too much of a wise-ass, but just normal. I hope this show gets wins the emmy next year.

I love that the humor is pretty pg and is still very entertaining and well-written. I hope that it becomes wildly successful and puts UPN on the map.

GOOOO CHRIS ROCK!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Got a Golden Globe nom!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12