+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

FORT Regular

How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Did anyone watch the pilot of this show? I heard it was pretty good and that Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious. I also heard that there was a surprise at the end of the pilot. For anyone that watched it, please fill me in. Thank you.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 09-20-2005 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Changed thread title to correct show name and add net

I half-watched the show ( I was reading at the time) and thought some parts were funny. Not too sure I like "Doogie's" role on this show.

Re: surprise. The only thing I can think of is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the whole episode leads you to believe the girl of his dreams (he meets her in a bar, takes her on a date, etc) was the girl he marries, hence the 'mother' however at the end, he says "And that's how I met your Aunt Robin".

I watched this last night, and really enjoyed it.

The cast is great. I actually liked seeing Neil Patrick Harris play against Doog-type. I found his character to be pretty funny (honestly, we all have at least one friend who is like this, obnoxious and yet we love them anyway). It was so good to see Ally Hannigan again, I love her, (and oddly, I notice she is competing against fellow "Buffy" alum, Nicky Brendan in "Kitchen Confidential," also on at the same time slot) and she made such a sweet couple with the lanky, cute guy from "Freaks and Geeks" (sorry, can't remember his name right now). The lead is a guy I'm not familiar with, but he seemed to have an endearingly, menschy appeal.

I like the concept, a unique approach to sitcom story structure. The main action actually takes place in flashback. The present is 2030-something, and Ted is explaining to his two kids the story of how he met their mother. Even the flashbacks have flashbacks! Yes, there is a twist in the end...not a shocking, "Crying Game" type of twist, but they did have me going there.

I hope they give this a show a chance. I thought is was a fun premiere, and I'd like to see what develops.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quick note to people to not get too attached to this show (although it doesn't look like there's much threat of that). The network's already yanked it.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    They did yank it already??? I'm shocked because they are advertising the crap out of it tonight. I thought it was pretty good.

You know what, I actually made a mistake. I heard the news from someone I know who works on this and HEAD CASES at the same time. He was at lunch on this show when he heard that HEAD CASES was cancelled, hence my confusion. I'm actually glad I made a mistake, because I like this show better, and am really rooting for this cast.

Sorry for misinforming you!

Does anyone get annoyed at all the laughter from the studio audience or is it just me? It seemed they were laughing every 10 seconds on Que and just made the show hard to watch for me. It's the same thing with two and a half men which is why I don't watch it too often.

Well, since this wasn't actually cancelled, is anyone going to watch it tonight? I'd like to see where they go after the way last week's show ended. Another "twist" perhaps?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Sorry for misinforming you!
    I'm sorry, too, that we were misinformed, 'cause I was really hoping that this piece of crap had been cancelled already!!!!

Snowy, you know I love you, but UGH, I just can't stand this show. I can't stand how Neil Patrick Harris always seems to play smarmy, slick, obnoxious creeps, and I can't stand the canned laughter on this below-average show.

I did watch the whole thing last week (the premier, that is) and I'm 6 minutes into tonight's episode, but I'm slowly losing my fight against the overwhelming feeling I have to do this:

The only redeeming thing about this show, in my opinion, is that the lighting is top-notch. The lighting is keeping me tuned in!!! Whoever worked on the lighting for this show was an absolute genius -- but otherwise I can't stand this show!!!

FORT Fogey
    Good cast but unfunny show. Sorry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1234567891011 ... LastLast