+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2131453;
    Enjoyed tonight's episode (Swarley - ha, still laughing), but particularly enjoyed the presence of yet one more Buffy/Angel actor.
    Well, you can't forget Firefly/Serenity actress Morena Baccarin as Chloe, the "crazy eyed" girl. So that's 2 others from the Whendon universe, aside from Alyson Hannigan.

I have not laughed because of a TV show as hard as I did from the "hunch back" scene in a long, long time. I had actual tears from laughing so much. I'm really starting to love this show, despite how bland Ted and Robin are.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2131666;
    Well, you can't forget Firefly/Serenity actress Morena Baccarin as Chloe, the "crazy eyed" girl. So that's 2 others from the Whendon universe, aside from Alyson Hannigan.
    Oh, that's who that was. I recognized her, but I didn't know from where. I really should have since I'm currently watching the entire series of Firefly before I settle in with a big bowl of popcorn, a purring kitty, a reluctant Mr. Rattus and Serenity.

And oh yeah, I forgot that Samm Levine (F&G) was on last year as well. Have we seen anyone from Doogie Howser yet?

And the hunchback? What a freakin' riot.

It's funny, actually. I was thinking during the last commercial break about how I didn't care too much about this show when it first came on but how I'm growing to love it, much as the world did when Cheers first started. And then they did that little Cheers "Norm" tribute. Just another example of my utterly useless ESP abilities.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I Is Stephanie
    "Geez, What's up with Swarley tonight?"
    "I dunno, I've never seen ol' Swarls act like this before."
    "Phone call for Swarls Barkely!"
    "I got him People En Espanol, but I addressed it to Swarlos."
    "Oh, I'm sorry Swarley."
    "Will Swarley be coming?"

This was, possibly, the best episode ever, for me. Yeah, they milked the Swarley thing waaaay past it's experation, but at least they wern't using the same jokes over and over again. I think that they could possibly replace Barney Stinson with Swarley Stinson, as long as they keep the jokes original, and as long as Barney continues to go into tears when he hears the name.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

As a Canadian, I would just like to say about tonight's episode - heeeyyy, come on now! We got the eighties up here when everyone else did. Unfortunately.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey
    I was thinking of you guys, Rattus, 'cause my recollection is that you Canadians are usually ahead of us, at least as far as the timing of reality television shows is concerned!!

Last night's episode is the very first one I've seen because in the past when I've tried to watch this show I just couldn't stand it long enough to watch the whole thing. Last night's was cute to me, though, 'cause I used to travel up to Edmonton quite a bit to visit friends and I remember watching the local television shows. The stuff shown on "How I Met Your Mother" was really well-done, I thought.

I had a few laughs watching the show last night!!

I loved this episode. The cast is starting to click, and it was great seeing Robin acting goofy for once. I'm sure Canadians were groaning at the big maple leaf that would scroll behind Robin during the video. That, and the "aboot" and "sawwy" were awesome!

And NPH's Barney is one of the greatest characters on TV, sort of a cross between Niles from Frasier and Charlie from Two and Half Men. His general wussiness the past few epsiodes - hating people making fun of his name and terrified of getting slapped by surprise - makes him more sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2150358;
    Last night's episode is the very first one I've seen because in the past when I've tried to watch this show I just couldn't stand it long enough to watch the whole thing.
    The show actually has improved greatly since the beginning of last season. I'd been watching purely for Barney (and right you are, esmattynd, he is one of the great television comic characters), but was annoyed by all the not-so-funny angsty yuppie love stuff. The writers seem to have wisely, if not dispensed with the concept entirely, made it an object of humour.

Last night was the first episode I (almost) saw all of.

The man slapping appeared a little weird to me; I can't recall the last time I saw a man slap another in real life without fists coming into play shortly thereafter, not that I've seen too many man slaps to begin with.

I purchased the first season on DVD. I don't watch it bcuase it goes up against Prison Break. But I just finished the DVD's this morning and I LOVE this show! I can't wait for the Season 2 DVD to come out.

In the extras there is an interview with the writers who say they hope the show goes on for numerous seasons and they have the final ep already plotted out.

Question? Are the son and daughter still on the show, because they seemed to disappear as the 1st season went on and there was not as much commentary from Bob Saget.

I Is Stephanie
    They come up every now and then. At the start of season 2, they are whining to Ted... 'DAD, CAN WE PLEEEEEEEASE GO? IT'S LIKE YOU'VE BEEN TALKING FOR A YEAR!' And they do have a lot of Bob Saget narration, it's just all concentrated on the episodes when you need explaining to fill in any gaps. However, (correct me if I'm wrong here) there is just a little bit of set-up at the start of each show by 2030 Ted.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread