+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2109270;
    Not sure if the info on Wikipedia is accurate but it states that the narrator is Ted in the future talking to his own kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Met_Your_Mother
    But if Wikipedia gets its info from audience members it could be wrong...that's what the audience has thought until recently.
    Sorry for the double post...haven't mastered the double quote yet!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2109726;
    How and why did Marshall and Lily break up?
    It was the end of last season; Marshall and Lily were in a break-neck race to get ready for their wedding (they secured the site they always wanted, but the date was very soon). Then Lily got accepted for an over-the-summer (remember, she teaches grade school) art program in San Francisco, which would have meant calling off or postponing the wedding. They had a fight about her going, and she ended up going to the art program, lest she regret not having done so the rest of her life. She realized that she'd been with Marshall since freshman year of college and hadn't really been 'on her own' and had issues. Of course, from what we know this season, SF didn't turn out like she wanted/expected.

Aaaah. Okay.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2109062;
    BUT..are they Ted and Robin's kids? They can't be then, or he wouldn't call her "your Aunt Robin", right?
    They could always get around that at the end. Perhaps he is referring to mom as Aunt Robin so as not to give it away immediately. There could be a real Aunt Robin, and Ted has switched the names. This is TV... anything is possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper;2122914;
    They could always get around that at the end. Perhaps he is referring to mom as Aunt Robin so as not to give it away immediately. There could be a real Aunt Robin, and Ted has switched the names. This is TV... anything is possible!
    I think I remember an episode last season where when the kids first found out he had been interested in "Aunt Robin" they were like "eww you kissed Aunt Robin?" or something like that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2123197;
    I think I remember an episode last season where when the kids first found out he had been interested in "Aunt Robin" they were like "eww you kissed Aunt Robin?" or something like that.
    Hmm, I guess that shoots down the idea that he does marry Robyn and is talking to someone else's kids...like Marshall and Lily's...or Barney and XX's (XX being the "mother" in the how I met your mother) who might call him Uncle and her Aunt Robyn..courtesy titles... because surely they are too old to go Eww at the idea of a man kissing his wife... right?

I Is Stephanie
    Not really... I have a friend who claims to be 14, but he still grosses out at the thought of anything, even hand-holding. I think it depends on the person, and how the writers pictured things being in 2036. I don't know, maybe it will all be totally different then.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Barefootdyke posted this under Big Brother (because Will was such a fan of Neil Patrick Harris). Seem to be a number of gay actors being kind of forced out of the closet these days.

Neil Patrick Harris says he is gay
    Fri Nov 3, 10:36 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Neil Patrick Harris is gay and wants to quell any rumors to the contrary. "(I) am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest," Harris tells People magazine's Web site.

The 33-year-old actor said he was motivated to disclose his sexuality because of recent "speculation and interest in my private life and relationships."

Harris stars on the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." He started on TV as a teen, playing the namesake doctor on the series "Doogie Howser, M.D."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/...patrick_harris

It didn't help that his publicist catagorically denied it. But Kudos to him and T.R. from Gray's for handling their respective coming outs with class. My hope is that this becomes mundane and not important. They are both class actors and do a wonderful job in thier parts.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Enjoyed tonight's episode (Swarley - ha, still laughing), but particularly enjoyed the presence of yet one more Buffy/Angel actor. For those that thought that they might have recognized him, that was Tom Lenk behind the counter at the coffee shop. I am now anxiously awaiting further visits from other Freaks & Geeks (Martin Starr was on last year).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread