+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I Is Stephanie
    I agree, they should have kept Barney and Lily together.

When she was giving him that crap about how he had finally let down his guard, I was almost positive that he was going to say yes, and let her move in with him. I dont know what is going to happen now, but I'm keeping my hopes up for a Barney-Lily relationship!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;2079059;
    I get the feeling that there is a twist we are missing here. I don't know if Robin is somehow connected to Ted's wife or if Ted is really the father at all. I doubt we've met the mother but I really do think the mother herself is closely involved with the five in someway. I hope it somehow comes together with Ted and the woman, Marshall and Lily and Barney/Robin.
    Sorry for the double post, but I actually spend a lot of time thinking about this. It never actually said that he's the father, or that they're his kids. I know it's implied, but I still am wondering about this. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time a producer has thrown a major monkey wrench into a show, that changes the whole outcome (Big Brother 5, anyone?).
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I, too, have always assumed that Ted is the father of the kids. I always thought that him and Robin should be together. I don't know what I missed last season, but I was shocked that Marshall and Lily had broken up. What happened? And to see Lily and Barney wake up in bed together was hilarious. I laughed at his spring-loaded toilet seat. Too funny.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree, Barney and Lily seemed to "work"--amazing.

Re whether the narrator is the father or not..can anyone recall what the kids say when they are whining about having to listen? Do they say ...oh, dad.. or not? If not, then
    he could just be talking about how he met their mother, a friend of his. And he married "Aunt" Robyn, he's their "uncle", etc. We know their mother isn't "aunt" Lily, right? Have any of the other men beenlabeled "uncles" yet? Maybe neither parent is in the picture yet!

I am still convinced that the narrator is Ted and that his wife is Robin.
    Barney's pad was funny with all the tricks that he uses to get rid of women. That sneak!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21;2108871;
    I am still convinced that the narrator is Ted and that his wife is Robin.
    Barney's pad was funny with all the tricks that he uses to get rid of women. That sneak!
    BUT..are they Ted and Robin's kids? They can't be then, or he wouldn't call her "your Aunt Robin", right?

Not sure if the info on Wikipedia is accurate but it states that the narrator is Ted in the future talking to his own kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_I_Met_Your_Mother

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;1877710;
    Barney is quite simply the man tonight.
    Barney is always the man. Ol' Doogie has a lot of charisma. I love watching his character. Someone said they doubted Dr. Will on Big Brother when he said Doogie was his favorite actor, but why not? I like him!

How and why did Marshall and Lily break up?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2109726;
    How and why did Marshall and Lily break up?
    I didn't see it, if they showed it, but from what has been said recently/shown in flashback she told him she needed to find herself, etc. I think. Needed some breathing space. And he said if you leave we're done...I don't think she meant to go that far but he pushed it.

+ Reply to Thread