+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 421
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

  1. #51
    FORT Fogey HappyH0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,765
    Barney is quite simply the man tonight. What he did was wrong but he proved to Ted that he could get any girl he wants if he has confidence.

    I was disappointed in Robin tonite. She did what she did to make Ted jealous but the way she did it was just wrong and juvenile. I mean come on she could do better then that. She came off as the jealous boyfriend and Ted the vindictive girlfriend. I thought it was just weird, they should just get together already. Im kinda not into mad Ted/Robin, the avoiding their feelings Ted/Robin was kool but this verison already stinks

  2. #52
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,775
    Does anyone else find it creepy that the dad would talk to his kids about having sex with Robin? Maybe he doesn't go into that much detail but his narrations lead me to believe he's talking to the kids. And he mentions a lot of things his kids don't need to be hearing!

    Aside from that, I'm glad it's back and hope Lily and Marshall get back together soon.

  3. #53
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978
    Yeah, ACF, that kind of sets me off too--I really don't like that aspect of the show at all. I really hoped they'd drop the Bob Saget narration altogether this season. This show otherwise has really grown on me and I was glad to see it back.

  4. #54
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911
    Well, it is 2030. Things will be very different then, what with the hovermobiles and having to repopulate the earth and all.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  5. #55
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Does anyone else find it creepy that the dad would talk to his kids about having sex with Robin? Maybe he doesn't go into that much detail but his narrations lead me to believe he's talking to the kids. And he mentions a lot of things his kids don't need to be hearing!

    Aside from that, I'm glad it's back and hope Lily and Marshall get back together soon.
    Archie, I missed the better part of the first season, so I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Are you saying the Robin is the mother in How I met your mother and that Ted is explaining how they got together? Was there an episode of them older? If so, I'm sorry I missed it.

  6. #56
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,775
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Archie, I missed the better part of the first season, so I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean. Are you saying the Robin is the mother in How I met your mother and that Ted is explaining how they got together? Was there an episode of them older? If so, I'm sorry I missed it.
    Robin's not the mother. He refers to her as "Aunt Robin" in one of his first season narratives. The beginning of this season, the kids are shown again and he's telling them all about the summer Lily and Marshall are apart and how he and Robin finally hooked up.

    I've always understood that the reason they even have the voice-over narration is because it is the dad telling the kids "How I Met Your Mother" even though it will likely take several seasons before we finally meet the mother. So far there's no indication that he's met her yet. In the meantime he's explaining to the kids all the events that lead up to the eventual meeting of the mother.

    But because he is narrating to the kids and he talks about hooking up with Robin, it just seems like TMI for the kids. They don't need to know dad spent a summer banging "Aunt Robin".

    And I still don't know why the kids are even forced to sit down and hear how the father and mother met. Why isn't the mother also part of the narrative? It must be either an important anniversary coming up, or the mother (or father) is dying, or they are divorcing. Or none of those reasons!

  7. #57
    FORT Fogey HappyH0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,765
    I get the feeling that there is a twist we are missing here. I don't know if Robin is somehow connected to Ted's wife or if Ted is really the father at all. I doubt we've met the mother but I really do think the mother herself is closely involved with the five in someway. I hope it somehow comes together with Ted and the woman, Marshall and Lily and Barney/Robin.

  8. #58
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Robin's not the mother. He refers to her as "Aunt Robin" in one of his first season narratives. The beginning of this season, the kids are shown again and he's telling them all about the summer Lily and Marshall are apart and how he and Robin finally hooked up.
    Thank you Archie. It figures that I'd miss the first 5 minutes of the season premiere...

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey HappyH0ur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,765
    I thought the show missed an opportunity tonight by not making Lily stay at barnie's apartment permanately. I thought there was a lot of potential storylines that could happen from pairing the two. Unfortunately the writers decided it was a one episode thing.

  10. #60
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714
    I rarely watch the show, but I agree that there was something there in the episode that really worked. I liked Lily and Barney together. Even if as bickering friends and roommates. I think in a way it would have worked better than her living on her own. At least for the time being.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.