+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I like the show but the drawn out attraction between Ted and Robin is getting old. He refers to her as "Aunt Robin" to the kids so we know he doesn't end up marrying her. He better fall totally in love with the "mother" (if we ever get to see her) or else I'll feel like he settled instead of having his true love Robin, which would just cheapen his marriage. I'm guessing Victoria isn't here for the long haul. I doubt we'll meet the mother for a few seasons at least. I know, I'm putting way too much thought into this

And why is he telling his kids all this anyway? Maybe he's leading up to a "I'm divorcing your mother and running off with Aunt Robin". Now THAT would be something!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 03-01-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I like the show but the drawn out attraction between Ted and Robin is getting old. He refers to her as "Aunt Robin" to the kids so we know he doesn't end up marrying her. He better fall totally in love with the "mother" (if we ever get to see her) or else I'll feel like he settled instead of having his true love Robin, which would just cheapen his marriage. I'm guessing Victoria isn't here for the long haul. I doubt we'll meet the mother for a few seasons at least. I know, I'm putting way too much thought into this

And why is he telling his kids all this anyway? Maybe he's leading up to a "I'm divorcing your mother and running off with Aunt Robin". Now THAT would be something!
    He could also be throwing all of us off....I think for some reason Robin might end up with Barney though.

This is one of those annoying shows that I watch that I really don't like much except for one component. In this case it's Barney - the Barnacle - he is a riot. Can't stand Ted(?) and Robin(?) (can't quite recall their names) - annoying angsty yuppies. If you're going to be a yuppie, be the sort of heartless and amusing yuppie that Barnacle is.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Rattus, I totally agree. I watched the show a couple of times earlier in the season and I've been catching it more & more regularly and really only like Barney, and this last episode with him doing the granola/peace corps thing in flashback was hysterical. I like the Alyson Hannigan character & her fiance alright as well (probably a little Buffy love carry over), but they're more minor. Ted & Robin--mehhh--they're just not that interesting or engaging. I really don't care how Ted met the mother of his children.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Rattus, I totally agree. I watched the show a couple of times earlier in the season and I've been catching it more & more regularly and really only like Barney, and this last episode with him doing the granola/peace corps thing in flashback was hysterical. I like the Alyson Hannigan character & her fiance alright as well (probably a little Buffy love carry over), but they're more minor. Ted & Robin--mehhh--they're just not that interesting or engaging. I really don't care how Ted met the mother of his children.
    I agree! I love Doogie and loved his whole part in the latest episode. The suiting up was very cool. I don't care if he is "stagey," if it weren't for him even the Alyson/Guy-from-Freaks&Geeks couple would not save this show from bland sitcom limbo. As it is, there is enough different about it for me to keep watching.

I tend to agree with Qboots. I really enjoy this show. I like Ted and pretty much the whole crew. However, PhoneGrrrl has it right in that Barney steals the show.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'd definitely say that Barney is my favorite character. But I also enjoy the writing, which is the thing that turns me off of most sitcoms.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

CBS announced on Monday that it has renewed 14 prime-time shows to the tune of 13 hours of programming including freshman series How I Met Your Mother, Criminal Minds and Ghost Whisperer. Also getting the nod for the 2006-2007 season are all three CSI, Without a Trace, Numbers, Cold Case, 60 Minutes, Two and a Half Men, NCIS and the reality contests Survivor and The Amazing Race.

I like the show cause I am used to watching it now. Before I was not sure about it but now I just put it on cause I like it.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

The show is so funny. I love Robin's comments to the baker lady (her name escapes me at the moment.) I loved when she said, thank you for answers to questions I didn't ask. Or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread