+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

And how she met Lily on the train to the wedding... Basically they are having her meet everyone else before Ted, and bond with them, so by the time she meets Ted she will already be "in", as it were. If you can find the episodes you missed I think you will enjoy them (well, maybe not last week's one on slaps), and she's in almost all, if not all, of them.
    You are also missing Marshall and Lily's big fight....he took a judgeship in NY without telling her, his dream job, just as she was finished backing for them to go to Italy for a year for her dream job. The finale was when Marshall asked if things had worked out for her during her "break year" when she was off in SF, would she ever have come back to him? Or were he and the baby just a consolation prize? She's left.

FORT Fogey

<<Sigh>> I watched this show patiently for years, all I saw was the yellow umbrella and the mother's naked leg disappearing into her room, and the mention that she was in the economics class .... and I suffered through Robin and Barney, neither of whom I could stand... and all the Marshall and Lily foolishness, neither of whom were of any interest to me ... and then I got fed up when I read Ted wouldn't meet the mother until the end of this season so I stopped watching ... and I missed almost all of the good stuff I was waiting for! Argh!!!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, there's On Demand... or maybe you can find it on CBS.com and watch on your computer.

FORT Fogey

I was watching some of the CBS shows on cbs.com when Dish dropped the local CBS station for about 6 weeks last fall, but they only seemed to go back an episode or two. I think the ones I was able to watch did not show anything about the mother, which is another reason why I had given up. I don't know how On Demand works, so I'll have to call Dish, and I don't want to suffer through any Barney & Robin episodes that don't include mother stuff!

The Xfinity on demand only has the last three episodes, which I think is the same as what's on CBS.com. If anyone finds a place to watch the entire season, I'd love to hear about it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Well, I finally got around to watching last Monday's episode. I really liked it. I didn't think we'd get to know the Mother, just see her face popping around 'till the end. But I felt I got to know a lot about her in just this one episode, & I really liked her. At the end when she was singing on the balcony, I just knew all through it that Ted was going to be on the balcony next door listening. That was sweet.

I'll be taping or watching the rest of the season now.

Also, one question: What were Marshall & Marvin doing walking along dejected at the side of the road when Mother gave them a ride? I could see Lily having a fight & wanting Marshall out, but what woman kicks out her kid? Especially a baby?
    I never cared for Lily's selfishness.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The side of the road thing was all prefight. M & M were trying to get to the wedding after a visit to his mom in Minn.--planned because they were going to Italy for the year. Big storm cancelled all fiights, he wound up driving across the country to NY with black woman with whom he first fought then bonded--they got the last rental car. He was on the home stretch, I think on a bus, which broke down so he decided to walk. And she picked them up.
    Because M & M weren't there Lily was drinking a lot...running gag that a waiter had been paid to refill her glass whenever it was empty.
    There was also an earlier running gag that this place is so romantic no one ever comes here alone--so the staff all pitied Ted, and even suggested he move elsewhere. So that's why when the Mother checked in alone, the desk clerk smiled meaningfully when he said I know just what room to give you (the one next to Ted's).
    Also earlier, the obnoxious guy from the Mom's band had a habit of setting people against each other for fun--caused several fights before they figured it out, and, I think, Ted, punched him. Which is why the Mom bought fancy Scotch for the guy who punched him....but Ted didn't see who it was who bought it. And she didn't see Ted, just heard about it.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Thanks, PWS. That explains a few things.
    I'm a little ticked at myself for skipping this season so far, but not enough to try to find the episodes & watch them at this point. Hopefully the next few episodes can catch me up on the important stuff.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was told by a friend that the show is going to kill off the mother. That Ted and she marry, have kids and then she dies.
    that is just wrong! I have loved this show since the beginning and that's just not right.
    This week's episode kinda pointed to that. Anyone heard about that?

I've seen it speculated and the dialogue this week definitely makes it look that way - and it's become so obvious it figure it had to be a red herring.

Alos notice how Ted gets older as time goes on, but she doesn't. she looks exactly the same way as the day we met her.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread