+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I never even thought about a bad ending!! holy cow! I would hate that. Always loved this show.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Penny and Luke - the names of the children. Some are speculating he didn't get Luke and Leia because maybe the mom's name is Leia, or maybe there was a compromise and Leia is Penny's middle name. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the mother turns out to be dead at the end I'll be really p.o.'d.

This last episode was pretty intense between Marshall and Lily. He was right to call her out on the way she up and left him several years ago and now she wants him to give up the chance of being a judge, something working hard at his career is rewarding him with, just so they can spend a year in Italy while she tries again at her hobby. I say hobby because aside from working with the Captain in his gallery, there hasn't been any mention again of her doing anything art related. Certainly she should pursue her interest but not at the expense of Marshall passing up what could be a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    they're moving to Italy for her job with the Captain - this is not a hobby
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

I haven't been watching ever since I read on FORT that Ted is not going to meet the mother until the last episode. Is that how it has played out so far ... no mother, except for Lilly talking to her on the train (or bus, whatever)? I saw on the Dish guide that tonight looks like a special episode with the mother. I won't say what it is in case it's considered a spoiler.... so I'm going to watch! Hope I didn't miss anything significant regarding the mother. Please tell me if I have! Have never cared for the other characters except Ted.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Sadly you've missed a lot of Ted/mom interactions in the form of flash forwards--e.g., we know they visit the hotel where the wedding is currently taking place in the future, and that she even goes into labor with one of their kids while there! So we haven't quite seen the "meeting" but we've pretty much seen everything else.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I also assumed she wouldn't be involved much until they met in the last episode. I thought this whole season was going to be Robin & Barney's wedding day. I like both Barney & Robin, but not as a couple. They irritate me when they're together. So I was going to skip all but the last episode.
    I guess I'd better start back up tonight.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Sadly you've missed a lot of Ted/mom interactions in the form of flash forwards--e.g., we know they visit the hotel where the wedding is currently taking place in the future, and that she even goes into labor with one of their kids while there! So we haven't quite seen the "meeting" but we've pretty much seen everything else.
    Phooey! I was under the impression there would be nothing until the end. I read here that the whole season was going to be about Barney & Robin's wedding preparations, and I can't stand either one of them (the characters, not the actors).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, tonight was a good night to start back up..... Some of it won't make sense to you having missed the earlier episodes... like the bit about her band mate... but most will.

FORT Fogey

Yes, I obviously missed some good stuff.

I just loved the end, she did such a lovely version of one of my favorite songs.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, tonight was a good night to start back up..... Some of it won't make sense to you having missed the earlier episodes... like the bit about her band mate... but most will.
    and how she ended up picking up Marshal and Marvin.

I loved how the episode tied everthing together - the umbrella, the roommate, the economics class. Even watching her leave the bar and walk between Barney and Lily when Ted walked in wearing the green dress. What a spectacular job the writers did with this episode.

And the proposal at the top of the lighthouse.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread